Excellent Economical Car
By Sharyn on
2003 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)
My Echo is wonderful! It gets between 38-40 mpg, a little less when I run the AC, and I've never had a mechanical problem with it. It's comfortable for two people, although the back seat is pretty small. I like the fact that my gauges are in the middle of the dash. It makes it a lot easier to not take your eyes off the road. I have to take it into the dealership because apparently, the bottoms of the ECHOs are rusting and they have to fix that, but no problems here as it's covered since it's part of a recall. It has its little flaws, but nothing any other car doesn't have! Overall, great buy. I am 100% satisfied.
Favorite Features
The storage nooks, gas mileage, warranty, overall interior look, big trunk, overall handling, 6 CD changer that came with it, it's pretty quiet even on the highway, acceleration is great for a V4!
Suggested Improvements
Exterior design could use some work, add a clock!, the gear shift moves too easily, windshield wipers need more speed options, make back seats fold down to allow more transport space, the sound system could be a little better