2003 Toyota ECHO Consumer Review: Best car on the road

2003 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Review

Best car on the road
By SER on

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I am extremely upset they quit making these. If I could, I would never buy any other car forever. This is the best car I have ever owned by far. I am a mechanic and do all my own work on my cars. This car never needed anything other than routine maintenance until 167,000 miles when it needed a left front wheel bearing. It gets the best gas mileage of any car other than hybrids. We get 45 mpg hwy. It is actually fast too -- plenty of passing power. At first I did not like the tallish look of it, but it grew on me. The car is like a miracle, I don't know how they did it, but it pulls everything you ever wanted in a car, like tight steering radius, good handling, power, MPG together into one.

Best MPG you will ever find in a non-hybrid. Reliable as a claw hammer. Good acceleration.

Start making it again!!! This is the best car in the history of mankind (and I am not exaggerating...).