2003 Toyota ECHO 1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Best car I have ever

2003 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Review

Best car I have ever owned and I am 57
By nickel1951 on

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used after owning a 2001 Echo for six years. I sold the 2001 to my son who was just graduating from college and bought this car for myself. I have never bought another car that was identical to the one I had had for six years already before but this car is special. I actually made my son promise to sell me the old car back when he wants to get rid of it so I can have a backup. The only thing that was not satisfactory in either car were the floor mats. I have no idea why, but they wore out quite quickly. The dealership even gave me a full replacement after the first year and those wore out as well. I bought some after market ones from Walmart and they have been fine.

Favorite Features

Lots of headroom, very easy to park in tiny spaces so great for the city and wonderful gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

The stick adjustment arms for the mirrors should be standard. I bought the 2003 Echo used and had to take it as is and I miss the stick adjustment feature that I had on my first 2001 Echo.