A Great Little Car.
By myrick on
2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)
Bought the car in Feb. 2006 and my wife and I have enjoyed it. We bought it with 33,000 miles on it and it just went over 100,000 miles today. The oil gets changed every 3,000 miles and we had new hoses and belts put on last summer and a new A/C relay Fuse last spring but that's about it that we have had to do to it. It was in a wreck about 3 years ago, the left back corner smashed in causing about 4,000 dollars of damage but because of its high resale value it was not written out as totaled so we were able to get it fixed up. It has a few hail dents and some scratches but still runs great. Drove it from Oklahoma to Wisconsin last summer averaging 38 miles to a gallon. Great little car.
Favorite Features
Love all the extra storage compartments. The inside of the car has more room than you think. Love how you sit up high, like you are in a small SUV. Plenty of head and leg room and I'm six feet tall. Great gas mileage and easy to drive around town. Lots of pep, even for being an automatic.
Suggested Improvements
Wish it had more standard features like power window, cruise control, Automatic locks, ours doesn't have that. A fold down rear seat would be nice but other than that, not much else I can complain about this car.