2003 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:
Near Perfect Sedan
By Pete Rock on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Despite what appears to be harsh criticism from the auto industry, you will be hard pressed to find a any actual Echo owners complaining about their cars. The 2003 Echo is a well-built vehicle that lives up to Toyota's quality reputation. The interior is highly functional and comfortable, and the ride is smooth. Even though this is a small car, the engine technology is top of the line which translates into solid power and excellent gas mileage. Sure, there are plenty of Honda Civics and Ford Focus' out there that would be safe purchases, but hey, how about something that your next door neighbor doesn't already have in his garage?

Not recomended....
By ttamorak on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My car is a lemon. While lemons happen, Toyota Corporation is unwilling to work something out and is making me pay for repairs. The trunk release has broken 8 times or so, the body moldings have fallen off, and the car gets less mpg than they suggest. It has a cheap plastic interior. I would NOT recommend this car to anyone. I drive a lot and would recommend a Honda Civic or Ford Focus.

it's a great car
By 5e on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

small car outside plenty of room inside handles the rode good takes sharp turns fast

Buy the ECHO
By rajmoran on 12/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

The car is excellent.

my echo
By sjancsik on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

good value foir the money

run little car
By Dourian on 11/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

it is the only car that is high enough off the ground for me not to hurt my back getting in and out of it plus it alot of getup an go

Best Economy Car Ever
By Simon Beltz on 11/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2003 Echo with a manual transmission for $13k just a few days ago (11-09-02)Its possibly the best car I've ever driven for the price. The seats are high and comfortable (I'm 6'1), theres plenty of head room. Cargo space seems endless (almost makes we want to buy stuff just to fill them!). The engine is a only peppy at high RPMs, so don't expect great acceleration which one shouldn't for a small car. I did notice the manual performs better getting on the hwy than the automatic. Knowing Toyota is very very reliable, I highly recommend this car for college kids or first time buyers, this was a great buy!

Toyota Echo
By Mimerlan on 10/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

We have really enjoyed our Toyota Echo. If you are not after luxury, this is one to consider. It gets great gas mileage, and it has plenty of leg room. Our son is 6'2" and he has no complaints with the head and leg room. It has plenty of pep for passing and take-offs. And it cruises nicely down the road at 70 mph. It sets up higher than any compact car we considered. It also has plenty of trunk space. For the price, comfort and economy you can't beat it!

quality econo vehicle
By No1Stunna on 10/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I spotted this little ride at the local dealership and on a whim went and checked it out...a couple hours later I was driving it home. It is designed very well on the interior, lots of little storage spots and plus the center dash is just tight. Rides well and can hold its own easily on the highway---just in case you are wondering. Fuel economy is off the chain but you don't sacrifice much to get it. People keep asking me what kind of car you got? Yo---get your own echo!!!

Not just another small sedan
By Stan on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Love the car!! Not because of price,but for exellent mpg,confort,use of space and fun to drive.Someone told me it looked like a spaceship!I said cool! Tired of the same old styles,i like it,kinda grows on you.Rides nice and quiet and has more than enough power for country and city driving.Toyota did a great job useing what interior space could be provided with its small size.Seems to have as much space or more than some bigger cars ive owned.Great view in the drivers seat! sits higher than most small cars.Dont be afriaid to try something different!! you may really like it,like i did.PS this is the first non american car i ever owned. Great Car.