2003 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:
We love our ECHO
By disa2k on 06/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I drove an ECHO back in 2000 and fell in love with it; however we couldn’t afford one at the time. We just bought a 2003 4dr/manual and we love it. Very roomy and you can’t beat the gas mileage. We do think the manual is a little peppier than the automatic.

A noisy little commuter
By bmick on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car after driving it around town, thinking it was a good buy. Problem: the features changed so much between '02-03, the dealer did not know what I was requesting. I ended up without the split seats, the remote mirrors, and the larger tires. Also, the car is a great around-the- town car, but a pathetic commuter. It is NOISY, POORLY INSULATED, AND TOO LIGHT ON THE FREEWAY IN THE WIND. If you make this purchase, plan to be thrown around on the road and unable to hear your favorite CD playing. Oh, yeah, turn the volume up to max on your cell phone also.

I Love My New Echo
By S. Harris on 05/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my new (2003) Echo about 5 days ago. I have had nothing but good things to say about it since. The gas mileage is great, It has a lot more power than I expected. It is a lot of fun to drive and the interior room is phenomenal.

Echo Hatchback Headed to Canada!
By Leslie Tang on 03/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I am 17 years old and have had my G2 license for about a year now and I can't wait until I can go and buy my very own car (no more driving my parents Chevy Venture!). After going to the Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto (GO LEAFS GO!) and seeing first hand the all new Toyota Echo Hatchback, I've got to say this car is truly worth emptying my account for. Note, This car is only coming to Canada and will not be for sale in the U.S. So if your willing to drive up here and get one, be my guest!

We Love It!
By duniabest on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great little car. It fits anywhere, so parking is never that big a deal and my 6'3" brother sat comfortably with two friends in the back seat. What more could you need?

underrated car of the year
By slick rick on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The Echo doesn't get much publicity-- watch any Toyota ad on tv and you will see plenty of Camry, Tundra, Corolla footage, but nothing is ever said about the Echo. Too bad, because this is one heck of a car. Gas mileage is incredible, as is the ride quality and interior design. Great stock sound system. Interior is just plain cool with all the storage spots for your gear. All this for a decent price and the Toyota family name.

A Zippy Little Car
By expressoroad on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I can now go on a trip and forget the cost of gas. 42 mpg on the road at reasonable speeds. Plenty of space for luggage, beach stuff, etc. This was a spur of the moment purchase. I lucked out. A lot of people think it's "cute"...not a big concern of mine, but hey!

I actually like this car
By Jill on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I went to the dealership looking for a used car but I mentioned that I just wanted to look at the Echos and I looked at the two door, went on a test drive and didn't even glance at any other cars. I can't really explian why I like it, but I just do. Maybe it is the killer sound system upgrade, I don't know. I don't think the outside is cartoony or really that wierd looking, but I am 20 so that probably makes a difference.

The Three Echos
By saminoz on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I'm now on my third Echo. Moving between the US and Australia, I just keep buying Echos. I love this car!

I love my car!
By Happy owner on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2003 Toyota Echo 4 door manual. (White) So far I love it. I like the look, and the new dark trim on the bottom (makes it look sharp). I'm very happy with it. I like the placement of the meters in the center a lot better. (speed, odo, etc.)I think it's actually easier on the eyes. I think it's a great car for a great price!