Used 2003 Toyota ECHO Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Echo - Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota ECHO Sedan

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:

MADE A BELIEVER OUT OF ME!!!
By HOTROD_DUDE

2003 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

WOW! is the first thing I want to say about this little car. I'm a car nut with a lot of them, I am also a power freak, but when the gas prices began to raise I had to get me a gas econo car, and that means little 4 banger car, YUCK!! I thought. I did my research on the best gas econo cars and the little Echo seemed to be it, so I bought one - WOW!! was I wrong, this car is the best thing I ever bought, I tell people its like a go-cart on crack, it's so fun to drive, you don't want to get out of it. The gas mileage is super, 2 trips from Miss. to Minn with the AC on I got 43 to 45 MPG on the HWY in town I get 35 probably because I got a heavy foot. You can't go wrong with this car.

Favorite Features

GAS MILEAGE!!, Huge trunk, Easy to get in and out (I'm 6' tall & 38 yrs old), center dash is cool, power of the 4 cyl. engine - one heck of a passing gear even a HIGH speeds even at 95 mph this baby flys!! I've been 105 mph still handles great!!, all the storage compartments are handy. Great car!!

Suggested Improvements

Can think of much, but some sort of a center arm rest, cruise control, more gauges. (But I guess its a Econo car what can people exspect, I know Toyota made a believer out of me.)

Echo Experience
By Doug

2003 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Toyota. which I purchased as a Certified vehicle. It's quirky looks and smallish exterior are more than made up by the excellent interior room and outstanding fuel economy. My Echo is pretty basic, manual everything except transmission. To date, I've been very please with the quality and economy. I'd recommend the Echo to anyone looking for a fun, reliable commuter car.

Favorite Features

Impressive interior room and storage areas. The performance from the 1.5 liter engine is robust.

Suggested Improvements

With the small size, I'd suggest daytime running lights as a standard feature.

Fun, efficient, economical car
By jmw131

2003 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I find the car to be fun to drive, very efficient with the 34-38 mpg, and very economical, i got it for $8,200 from a dealership in excellent condition with 37k miles. I didn't like the steering at first but got used to it. I was surprised at the power it had for its size. I couldn't have gotten a civic for anywhere close to this purchase price and if you don't care about the look like a married man like me doesn't then it's great.

Favorite Features

MILEAGE, COST, and the surprising driveability

Suggested Improvements

I woulda liked the back seats to fold down. Other than that I am more than satisfied.

I Love My little ECHO
By Very Happy Owner

2003 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for 1 month and I keep finding more compartments. I am very pleased and surprised with the fuel consumption.

Favorite Features

Lots of cargo space. Quiet engine. Very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Clock and a car alarm should be standard.

great car
By jdmwiseau

2003 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great car, I have an automatic and average 43 MPG on the HWY. I must say, I'm pleasantly surprised by the power of the 1.5 liter power plant. Wish I had cruise control with all the driving I do but I am not fatigued at all with the 200 plus miles I drive daily. I highly recommend this car for the daily commuter. My other car is a Lexus LS400. I know quality when I drive it.

Favorite Features

center gauge cluster. Don't worry you will get used to it quickly and it is great at night

Suggested Improvements

Cruise control should be standard along with PDL and PW.