2003 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:
My first TOYOTA
By M Franks on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

First of all I would like to thank EDMUNDS for making this possible and a big thanks also for all the helpful reviews.I received my 2003 ECHO 2 weeks ago.I'm impressed with my ECHO,but probably more so with TOYOTA.The option availability,pricing and the new style of the car seems to say that TOYOTA reads reviews.This has made the ECHO more exceptable to the public. I was shopping for a new JEEP WRANGLER,but had noticed the new styled ECHO'S.After renting one for a week-end I knew what I was going to buy.I'm very pleased over all with the new car.The unique styling is cute and gives the car character and spunk.

small outside BIG INSIDE
By ajay2 on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. Inexpensive to operate. Costly extras. All made in Japan. Great tire wear.No clock.

Great car, but somewhat uncomfortable
By SignASL on 11/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We have nothing but priase ofr the 2003 toyota echo, except for the comfort and the legroom of the seats. My boyfreind is always the one driving, so I am always in the passanger side seat. There is hardley enough legroom because of the glove depatrment design (which is rounded and sticks out far), and the seat is so uncomfortable due to the back design. If toyota would have allowed for me legroom and better back support, this car would defenatly be a 10!

THE ECONOMIC MACHINE
By CURTIS on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for over a year now and it's been a great car. Anything from fuel economy to quality. I have not put any money into it. You can go on a full tank of gas around the city for 2 to 3 weeks. I don't get my oil changes until every 5,000 miles (Toyota recommends this). The only thing I don't like about it is when you are driving on the highway when it's real windy. But other than that I recommend this car, specially if you are trying to conserve you wallet.

Best small commuter car !
By maltais on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I still don"t understand why Edmunds rate it so low. It is the best car for city driving. Good accelaration. Super low gas consumption. Quiet ride. Well assembled.

A Great Commuting Car for All Sizes
By NW on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Echo. The first was a 2001, totalled by a rear end accident. No injuries. I loved that car, and this one is even a little better. I am a large 6'1" and fit comfortably. I love the pick up, the drive, the mileage (35-40+ mpg)and the size, which means I can park where others can't. So far no trouble with either car. Highly recommended.

Good Car - Bad Dealer
By donutman on 09/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is remarkably quick for it's engine size and is fun to drive. I wish I could say the same of the dealer, who lied to us about the cost of installing a CD Player, which is still not working after 4 trips to the dealer. The only dangerous thing about this car is it's spedometer that is only marked every 20 MPH. It is very easy to drive faster than you intend, since most people are used to having each large mark on the spedo be 10 MPH not 20 MPH as in this vehicle.

Maintenance free
By Fawwaz on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased the echo with deep concern at first. The reason for the purchase was to save money on the long drive from Los Angeles to Victorville, 200 miles round trip every day. Two years, with 45 thousand on the instrument cage the echo still running like a loyal dog. The only maintenance required is oil change and an alignment. This vehicle is recommended for single men and women. If you are looking for an economical vehicle, Echo is highly recommended.

Want security? Buy an Echo!
By Merryweather65 on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Having owned a VW prior to the Toyota I can assure you the Toyota is a far superior vehicle! With the VW I was always worried about when and where I was going to break down, and how much it was going to cost me. Granted, I have owned the Toyota less then a year, but I already feel much more secure in it then I did in the VW. I have very few bells and whistles (not even a CD player), but with less features there is less to go wrong. The Echo is a simple car, for people who want to get get where they need to go without the worry. Plus, who can go wrong owning a car that gets 40 mpg!

Great Toyota
By AquariusGrrl on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I was hesitant to consider the Toyota Echo when I was car shopping, because they were so ugly in the past. I was determined to find an inexpensive practical car didn't feel " cheap". I was surprised and delighted to find that the 2003 Echos had been "restyled", as the Echo brochure proudly pointed out! The new Echos look like small Corollas instead of a squashed looking version of a car. With a spoiler, it looks zippy, and of course it drives great. I am very happy with my choice.