2003 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:
MADE A BELIEVER OUT OF ME!!!
By HOTROD_DUDE on 11/26/05 15:28 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

WOW! is the first thing I want to say about this little car. I'm a car nut with a lot of them, I am also a power freak, but when the gas prices began to raise I had to get me a gas econo car, and that means little 4 banger car, YUCK!! I thought. I did my research on the best gas econo cars and the little Echo seemed to be it, so I bought one - WOW!! was I wrong, this car is the best thing I ever bought, I tell people its like a go-cart on crack, it's so fun to drive, you don't want to get out of it. The gas mileage is super, 2 trips from Miss. to Minn with the AC on I got 43 to 45 MPG on the HWY in town I get 35 probably because I got a heavy foot. You can't go wrong with this car.

Echo Experience
By Doug on 09/28/05 00:01 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Toyota. which I purchased as a Certified vehicle. It's quirky looks and smallish exterior are more than made up by the excellent interior room and outstanding fuel economy. My Echo is pretty basic, manual everything except transmission. To date, I've been very please with the quality and economy. I'd recommend the Echo to anyone looking for a fun, reliable commuter car.

Best Purchase I've Ever Made
By M. Rae on 08/13/05 20:25 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

If you are looking for a dependable, fuel efficient vehicle this is the car for you! I have owned my ECHO for nearly 3 years and never had a problem! While all my friends were driving gas-guzzlers, I could easily get buy without filling up for 10 days! The ECHO is fun to drive, not overly complicated, and simply a wonderful car!

Comments on Toyota Echo 2003 2-DR
By Beatrix on 06/08/05 16:59 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I think this car deserves to write a few words.I purchased mine in 04/2003. I gave 9 on fun-to-drive only. As it is noted not always easy to drive on the high-way when it is windy outside. Also, without wind, if you drive on the highway like more than 85 miles/hr, it is difficult to keep the car on the same track. So, the speed limit (under 70 miles/hr) should be always kept:-) I gave 9 on performance, because sometimes I feel that it does not run that smoothly as it is seen in an e.g. Toyota Camry or Honda Civic - sometimes a noise is coming when it is simply neutral (mine is manual). I had no problem until today at all, just needed oil filter change, tire rotation and other maintenance.

Fun, efficient, economical car
By jmw131 on 02/28/05 23:35 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I find the car to be fun to drive, very efficient with the 34-38 mpg, and very economical, i got it for $8,200 from a dealership in excellent condition with 37k miles. I didn't like the steering at first but got used to it. I was surprised at the power it had for its size. I couldn't have gotten a civic for anywhere close to this purchase price and if you don't care about the look like a married man like me doesn't then it's great.

I Love My little ECHO
By Very Happy Owner on 01/06/05 19:57 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for 1 month and I keep finding more compartments. I am very pleased and surprised with the fuel consumption.

It's worth every penny!!!
By Meagan on 01/05/05 10:48 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

If you are a young person looking for a cheap yet reliable car, the toyota echo is perfect for you! it's great on gas and very fun to drive. it's almost like a toy. I love the placement of the odometers and just the way it looks all around. If you are looking for a gas saver then this is definently the car! Before this car, I had a Honda Civic, which i wrecked and i could have got another one but i chose the echo instead because i have heard so many good things about it. I love my toyota echo!!!

great car
By jdmwiseau on 07/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great car, I have an automatic and average 43 MPG on the HWY. I must say, I'm pleasantly surprised by the power of the 1.5 liter power plant. Wish I had cruise control with all the driving I do but I am not fatigued at all with the 200 plus miles I drive daily. I highly recommend this car for the daily commuter. My other car is a Lexus LS400. I know quality when I drive it.

Echo
By BrianT on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I got the two door echo. It's not too small but I don't reccomend the two door because it's a pain getting everybody inside it. Echo holds up good against high gas prices but doesn't hold up on the highway as much. I do alot of highway driving and when it's really windy the Echo blows all over the road. It's great for in town driving though, you never have any wind disturbances there. My car came with very few options which was dissapointing but I didn't want to pay a bunch extra. I'd say if you had to choose between the Echo or the Hybrid Prius, to go ahead and pay a lil more for the Prius. It's alot better on everything.

Toyota Echo 2003 met all my expectations
By Bob Hoy on 04/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

After a year of owning my 2004 Toyota Echo, the car has met or exceeded all of my expectations. It is light in crosswinds and has poor acceleration getting onto the Interstate highway. But given that, I smile all the way home as I pass the gas stations filled with gas guzzling SUVs and minivans (like I used to drive). I have been on several cross country trips and have been pleasantly surprised. No aching back, cramped leg muscles or headaches. And the sound system beats anything else I own. The car drives straight and the tire wear so far is very even. I keep finding nice surprises, like the hidden tray under the passenger seat, just right for holding CDs.