2003 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:
2003 Toyota ECHO
By Sharon on 06/10/08 21:23 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

It's even good in snow! Amazing! Once around Erie there were two cars off the road in a squall, I called and the dispatcher said there were 200 cars off the road in that county! AND I just kept going without a problem! I don't get tired on long trips of 8-11 hours!

Best car I have ever owned and I am 57
By nickel1951 on 06/07/08 07:09 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used after owning a 2001 Echo for six years. I sold the 2001 to my son who was just graduating from college and bought this car for myself. I have never bought another car that was identical to the one I had had for six years already before but this car is special. I actually made my son promise to sell me the old car back when he wants to get rid of it so I can have a backup. The only thing that was not satisfactory in either car were the floor mats. I have no idea why, but they wore out quite quickly. The dealership even gave me a full replacement after the first year and those wore out as well. I bought some after market ones from Walmart and they have been fine.

Great gas, nice car for young single
By KT on 11/09/07 22:39 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

It has great mileage. It's very simple, and cute looks. It's not much fun to drive, but it's very easy to drive. I recommend it to a young single driver. It's also very reasonable price. It looks like a small car, but it has nice space.

Fantastic First Car
By VAwaterdrop on 05/17/07 13:19 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first car and also the vehicle that I learned how to drive in so needless to say it took a lot of beatings! It never fails to impress with great handling and much better power than you would expect from just looking at it. It handles corners well, no problem at all accelerating onto the freeway in the city or switching in/out of lanes in a hurry (the handling on this car has been a lifesaver in preventing accidents). I have the four door so while the backseat probably wouldn't fit two adults comfortable for a roadtrip, it's perfect for around town. It's never required anything other than general maintenance and it's getting on 5 years old/162,000 m. Would definitely recommend!!

Great Car
By Amy on 09/08/06 09:31 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I was all ready a Toyota fan with my first two cars being Camrys.I love my Echo.I bought it off the lot new.This car has been great, I have not had a single problem with it.I love the spunk it has and I live in Atlanta, GA where there are hardly parking spaces but my Echo always finds room in tight spaces most cars cannot fit into.Also driving in traffic is great because of the space issue- it can weave easily when needed.I love the truck space and small compartments.Any improvement I have suggested is petty compared to the overall package.After reading eveyone elses reviews I will have to say that we all have the same little gripes but I know that I am glad to have made this my 1st new car.

Excellent Economical Car
By Sharyn on 05/24/06 01:55 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My Echo is wonderful! It gets between 38-40 mpg, a little less when I run the AC, and I've never had a mechanical problem with it. It's comfortable for two people, although the back seat is pretty small. I like the fact that my gauges are in the middle of the dash. It makes it a lot easier to not take your eyes off the road. I have to take it into the dealership because apparently, the bottoms of the ECHOs are rusting and they have to fix that, but no problems here as it's covered since it's part of a recall. It has its little flaws, but nothing any other car doesn't have! Overall, great buy. I am 100% satisfied.

Reliable car for your money
By Jenny on 05/16/06 11:26 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

After getting into an accident with my Kia Sephia, I needed a car bad. I decided on a Toyota Echo and have never felt a shred of buyer's remorse. This little car is quite deceiving with its roominess and and overall handling. Under the hood looks just as nice -- everything labled and easy to reach. I highly recommend this as a first car or one to replace a gas-guzzler!

LuvIt
By tiki on 02/27/06 21:43 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I was skeptical of how small this car looked until I got inside and test drove it. It is much more spacious than it looks. Gas mileage is great! I fill up about once a week for about $20. I got used to the odometer in the center dash. It's easier to keep your eye on it and on the road at the same time. I hope to keep this car for a long time. It even drives well in the snow. It's a great first new car!

Super Awesome 1st Car
By NateDog on 01/27/06 00:18 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Recieved as my first vehicle for my 16th birthday, and it has been incredible. Amazing gas mileage, comfortable for long or short drives, spunky acceleration, and cruises like a champion. Can't say anything bad about this car, it is a dream. Drove it all the way to Louisiana from California, 75 the whole way, and it returned 40-42 miles to the gallon! Carried all my junk too, completely packed down with stuff. Buy this car if you are in need of an economical vehicle!!!

Great lil Echo
By Barb Cloin on 01/02/06 20:40 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is one of the most reliable, economical and fun cars that I have ever owned and I am 55 years old and have owned everything from Cadillacs, Chryslers to Ford falcons and Honda Civics. The Echo out does them all in one way or another, more economical than the Cadillac, more dependable than the Ford and more fun than the Honda. Why in the world would toyota quit making them? Especially now with gas prices soaring.. STOP, Reconsider these are affordable fun vehicles for those of us who NEED dependable affordable transportation and like to drive.