Used 2003 Toyota ECHO Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Echo - Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota ECHO Sedan

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:

Great Value
By cars4dummies

2003 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I am just writing this to make a point. Bougth a brand new 2003 4 door Echo sedan. Really this and a few others were the only cars I could afford back then. No regret! Still solid. Never had any major issues. I've been up to all the regular maintenance, and changes tires for winter every year. Never had any accidents on icy and snowy roads here in Calgary. Just trying to make a point. I compare this to a brand new 2010 Subaru Forester which turned out to be a $10k more expensive garbage. I am definitely going back to Toyota.

Favorite Features

Basic. Cost effective. Runs well, and don't break at all.

Suggested Improvements

Designing, but in the end who cares.

Amazing Car.
By echoman2

2003 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I inherited this little guy from my parents when i left for college, with 85,000 miles on it. I have since taken it up to 105,000 miles, because I commute every day to school. Even after 100,000 miles there has NEVER been a single maintenance issue. The thing still runs like a champ. I consistently get 40-43 mpg in the city, and 50 on highway trips. It has a decent amount of space, and can fit four people nicely. The trunk is pretty big, and i have crammed quite a bit of stuff in it. Honestly the most economical car i have ever seen or driven. Its also pretty spunky. The acceleration is decent, and she likes the higher rpms. I have beaten this car up and its still running strong.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, interior, reliability, build quality

Suggested Improvements

The only thing bad is that I wish they had sold the hatchback version in the U.S.

Echo rocks!
By compart

2003 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This little car has the room and comfort of my other Toyota...which is a Camry. It is awesome, super reliable and great gas mileage. If you a very comfortable and simple car to get you from point A to point B...this is it!

Favorite Features

Interior is much more roomy than I expected and nice styling. Reliability and gas are tops.

Suggested Improvements

Rename the Yaris, Echo!

Not bad, but not for tall folks
By jazbees

2003 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it in 2006. Not a bad little car, but it didn't have quite the leg room that this driver needed. Started having muscle/joint aches in my right leg after commuting with it for a while. Switched back to our other car (a '96 Geo Prizm) and the pain disappeared. Aside from that, it was okay. The odd placement of the gauges (a little to the right of the steering wheel) took some getting used to. Very peppy, excellent fuel economy. No major issues that I can recall. Its trunk crumpled quite well when we got rear-ended by a Dodge Ram in early '11, which protected our daughter in the back seat. It did its job, and is now resting peacefully in a junk lot.

Favorite Features

Excellent fuel economy, great get-up-and-go. Roomy trunk considering the car's small size.

Suggested Improvements

Ours didn't come with power steering, which drove us a little nuts at times. I don't recommend getting any car without it, but it's especially troublesome with this one.

Best toyota
By rolo

2003 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

My echo is the best car I have ever owned. Never stops running, no repairs whatsoever. Have only replaced brakes, front only, and oil changes. Have replaced spark plugs and air filter, thats it. Runs like a champ. No Wonder they stopped making them. They could had become the VW beetle of the 2000s

Favorite Features

fuel eco

Suggested Improvements

more colors