2003 Toyota ECHO Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:
Great Value
By cars4dummies on 02/10/14 12:41 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I am just writing this to make a point. Bougth a brand new 2003 4 door Echo sedan. Really this and a few others were the only cars I could afford back then. No regret! Still solid. Never had any major issues. I've been up to all the regular maintenance, and changes tires for winter every year. Never had any accidents on icy and snowy roads here in Calgary. Just trying to make a point. I compare this to a brand new 2010 Subaru Forester which turned out to be a $10k more expensive garbage. I am definitely going back to Toyota.

Amazing Car.
By echoman2 on 05/25/12 15:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I inherited this little guy from my parents when i left for college, with 85,000 miles on it. I have since taken it up to 105,000 miles, because I commute every day to school. Even after 100,000 miles there has NEVER been a single maintenance issue. The thing still runs like a champ. I consistently get 40-43 mpg in the city, and 50 on highway trips. It has a decent amount of space, and can fit four people nicely. The trunk is pretty big, and i have crammed quite a bit of stuff in it. Honestly the most economical car i have ever seen or driven. Its also pretty spunky. The acceleration is decent, and she likes the higher rpms. I have beaten this car up and its still running strong.

Echo rocks!
By compart on 07/06/11 07:44 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This little car has the room and comfort of my other Toyota...which is a Camry. It is awesome, super reliable and great gas mileage. If you a very comfortable and simple car to get you from point A to point B...this is it!

Not bad, but not for tall folks
By jazbees on 01/14/11 11:06 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it in 2006. Not a bad little car, but it didn't have quite the leg room that this driver needed. Started having muscle/joint aches in my right leg after commuting with it for a while. Switched back to our other car (a '96 Geo Prizm) and the pain disappeared. Aside from that, it was okay. The odd placement of the gauges (a little to the right of the steering wheel) took some getting used to. Very peppy, excellent fuel economy. No major issues that I can recall. Its trunk crumpled quite well when we got rear-ended by a Dodge Ram in early '11, which protected our daughter in the back seat. It did its job, and is now resting peacefully in a junk lot.

Best toyota
By rolo on 08/27/10 15:19 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

My echo is the best car I have ever owned. Never stops running, no repairs whatsoever. Have only replaced brakes, front only, and oil changes. Have replaced spark plugs and air filter, thats it. Runs like a champ. No Wonder they stopped making them. They could had become the VW beetle of the 2000s

Indestructible
By ddmyers on 05/15/10 19:49 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Best little economy car on Earth ! She's 7 years old now, and not a single problem or repair, with the exception of the "rusty floorboard recall" of several years ago. Just routine maintenance. You could drive this car into a volcano, and it would still run. Fairly comfortable to drive on long trips. The interior has held up well - - - - the seats still look like new! And I actually like the center-mounted gauges; steering wheel and hands don't obstruct their viewing. Not affected by the recent Toyota recalls. The only thing that I can complain about is that I wish she had a little more power.

It will run forever
By car nut on 05/12/10 20:46 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this used in 2005 with 38,000 on it. Had to replaced the windshield in 2006 ( a rock got it) one rear wheel bearing, and two sets of tires. Other than oil changes, and a set of brake pads, it has never failed us. We live in the Midwest and travel a lot to see our family. It's fantastic on gas ( 41 mpg on the flats going to California on one trip.) I'm kind of a big guy, 6'3", and about 260 lbs. and I find the car fairly comfortable. I would buy another one with no worries. Too bad the echo is not made any more.

Echo Best Gas Mileage, Reliable, Roomy!
By family2kids on 05/02/10 23:40 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The best car ever. My wife and our two kids fit in just right. Bought the car with 17K miles in it in 2004, now has 140K miles. Drove from Frankfort KY to Chicago in one tank (38-40 mpg) everytime. Very easy on the wallet, usually pump gas once or twice a month at most ($20-25 bucks/mo). Drove through the worst snowstorms (Nebraska, Illinois) and did well. Carried five adults with trunk full of suitcases to Chicago airport from KY just fine. Able to pass cars or trucks on hwy real easy. VERY ROOMY, more space than Corolla, Camry, Taurus, etc. Father in law 6'4" 300 lbs drove comfortably over 400 miles, that says something :). Toyota is awesome. Odometer easy to see while driving.

A Great Little Car.
By myrick on 12/12/09 22:04 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car in Feb. 2006 and my wife and I have enjoyed it. We bought it with 33,000 miles on it and it just went over 100,000 miles today. The oil gets changed every 3,000 miles and we had new hoses and belts put on last summer and a new A/C relay Fuse last spring but that's about it that we have had to do to it. It was in a wreck about 3 years ago, the left back corner smashed in causing about 4,000 dollars of damage but because of its high resale value it was not written out as totaled so we were able to get it fixed up. It has a few hail dents and some scratches but still runs great. Drove it from Oklahoma to Wisconsin last summer averaging 38 miles to a gallon. Great little car.

Great commuter vehicle
By Raymond on 08/21/09 07:10 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I drive 65 miles a day round trip. This is an inexpensive, very dependable, and cost efficient vehicle to own. It's no frills, and it's not "plush", but it's comfortable enough on long DC area commutes, and tolerable on very long trips for one or two people. There's a surprising amount of headroom for us taller people, and the backseat area and truck are more spacious than you'd expect for such a small car.

1 2 3 4 5 next »