2002 Toyota ECHO Consumer Review: Hatchback review from Sydney

2002 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Hatchback review from Sydney
By SydneyGirl on

2002 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Hi guys, after reading that the US don't have Hatchbacks I thought I would post my own review up, I have a silver hatchback Echo, 4 door, 1.3L engine that I purchased in July last year. It is an excellent car, I was trying to decide between it and the Daihatsu Sirion (both were same price, but the Sirion had electric everything + CD) but ended up going with the Echo for it's solid construction. I haven't regretted it, great car, very fun to drive, handles well, reliable and you can pack so much into it.

The LCD dashboard, roomy roomy interior (I once moved a full size bookshelf into the Echo), the car doesn't feel tinny, speed ;-). Also I love how in a car park I can almost park diagonally and still be within the lines.

The hatchback has a tendency to be a bit unstable when going about 90m an hour, or in very windy conditions. (Probably because of the high roof) Really bad blind spot in the back windscreen. Central locking and power windows as standard.