Light as a feather and a lifesaver
By Ethan on
2002 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)
"Wow it's zippy!" were my first words when I first drove this car. The acceleration is very responsive, the small engine was more than enough for this featherweight (just beware strong wind and rain), and it got better mileage than most hybrids. It's certainly stylish, and although the interior is lackluster, the high instrument panel to the right of the driver allowed for better eye contact with the road. For eight years, with regular oil changes and diagnostics, I never had a single problem with the car until I drove the car into another. The front crumpled, saving my life, but it crumpled far too easily and the car was totaled while the other car barely got a scratch.
Favorite Features
Amazing mileage, great overall quality, good in a crash, roomy interior (I'm 6'3" and was extremely comfortable), and not to mention enough capacious compartments and trunk space for anything you'll need to take with you.
Suggested Improvements
While its light weight allowed for great mileage and acceleration, it was easily pushed around in a storm. One minor accident totaled the car while the other car merely got a scratch. Its lightweight construction was easily dented and cracked.