2002 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:
Great Mileage, Powerful, Unique
By micweb on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The engine in this car is hot. It out accelerates the Ford Focus ZX3 (130 hp engine) I used to have, and gets 38 mpg vs the 25 mpg the ZX3 automatic got. The airconditioner is plenty cold. The ride is smooth and quiet up to 80mph. The suspension is more like a sports car - compliant but firm, with grippy tires (the 175's stick pretty darn good). The only quality control issue is a tiny wind whistle on the driver's side at high speeds - otherwise, famous Toyota quality at a bargain price.

2001 Echo
By Echo 2001 on 05/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Awesome little car. Easy to drive. Great gas mileage. It is the best small car built when you consider price, performance, comfort, QUALITY, and RELIABILITY!

Echo Fun
By dalsing1 on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle is great for fuel economy and it is really a fun little car to drive. Nice size for parking in cramped places with surprizing room on the interior. Easy control for viewing of all instruments without losing sight of the road. Like the center readings for Miles per hour, temperature and, fuel guages. Really a neat little Car!!

Love My ECHO!
By Kevin2 on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is a fun little car to drive. Never a problem parking or driving in the city. People are surprised at the amount of interior space. I love having everything built in to the center console. I like how high the seating position is. Plenty of room for tall passengers and driver. I even enjoy the occasional visits to the gas station! Ha Ha!

FAST
By iced on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

IT IS FAST IT CAN GO 0-60 IN 4.3

ECHO can you hear me
By karma13 on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I was thinking about buying a Honda but I am glad I chose the ECHO. It is alot of fun. It looks kind of like a Jetta but its better becasue its not a vw. I read the reviews where people didnt like the body so much but I love it.

2000 Toyota Echo 55000 miles on odo.
By Istok on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This Car is better than Honda Civic. I drove that Car. Other than hadeling there is nothing that is beter about 2002 lx except: Exterior looks and handling. I drove my friends 2002 lx. Echo rides better, gets better fuel economy, engine seems stronger ( I blow his doors off), than we swich cars and Echo still wins. His car is also manual. I pay a lot less for insurance than he does, both of us same agent, he is 1 year older, I even have one ticket and he does not, and we have identical policies. BUY THIS CAR.

2002 Toyota Echo
By Deb368 on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Although this vehicle's styling may be a little hard to get used to at first, I personally fell in love with it. It makes for an attractive car that doesn't look like the average cheeply made subcompact. In addition, it proves to be a reliable car that has good pick-up and is fun to drive. The only feature I wish it had was power locks, and perhaps power mirrors (which, by the way, some swear that the Echo has never come with, but were in the one that I test-drove).

new and very good
By x2073 on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Just got it

Echo2001
By fcramas on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love this vehicle since it's a low fuel consumption