2002 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:
More car for the money
By rhasson on 08/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I wish every purchase I made was half as good as this one. The only thing I could say I don't like about this car is that it's not sporty looking. This car is easy to step into and has plenty of head room and good acceleration with the manual transmission I bought.

love the toyota ECHO
By mongo on 08/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great little commuter car, very relible vehicle

SOLID CAR
By newtonent on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

NO PROBLEMS,GREAT GAS MILEAGE,INSTRUMENTS ARE WHERE THEY SHOULD BE,SOLID BUILD, THE CAR HAS A TENDANCY TO ROLL AROUND A BIT IN AN OFF CANTER TURN AT 100 MPH.BUT ITS SOMETHING YOU LEARN TO LIVE WITH.

GREAT CAR!!
By JAN on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

AFTER ONLY ONE DAY OF OWNERSHIP, I LOVE THIS CAR. IT HANDLES WITH GREAT EASE, EXCELLENT ON GAS AND MORE COMFORTABLE THAN MOST SMALL CARS. YOU SIT UP HIGHER WITHOUT THAT FEELING OF SITTING ON THE FLOOR.

Top quality in its class
By wilhelm on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove several cars in its price range, while some where cheaper and others had better base bells and whistles, it was the quality construction of the vehicle and tightness of the drivetrain that won me over. I'd rather have a car that will last 20 years than an engine that wears out before the power windows.

Cannot go wrong with Toyota!
By Linda Lou on 06/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Absolutely love my new Toyota Echo! Best fuel economy, of any car I have ever owned. Sleek, sporty exterior. Roomy interior, big trunk capacity. Unusually fiesty drive, for a small 4- cylinder. Beautiful paint, black sand pearl. Also own a Camry V6 LE 1996, and would recommend Toyota to everyone!

I love my ECHO!!!!
By catoesgirl420 on 06/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

this is a fun little car to drive. My parents helped me purchise mine as a "going to college" car.

2 door Toyota Echo 2001
By femme on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Good qualities: The 2 door Toyota Echo 2001 is a fun car to drive - it zips around, up hills even with the AC on. It also has a fantastic 3 in 1 stereo system with 6 speakers. It stands a little higher off the ground, especially for a small car, which is very helpful in this era of SUVs. I am a large person, and the Echo fits me well, with plenty of head room and no need for a seatbelt extender. I also find the dashboard set up (with the MPH in the center of the dash) to be easier to read than peering through the steering wheel, and I love all the additional spaces built in to the dash.

looks neat, runs well
By rw on 06/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

A good value for the money, easy to drive and get in/out of.

Great Mileage, Powerful, Unique
By micweb on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The engine in this car is hot. It out accelerates the Ford Focus ZX3 (130 hp engine) I used to have, and gets 38 mpg vs the 25 mpg the ZX3 automatic got. The airconditioner is plenty cold. The ride is smooth and quiet up to 80mph. The suspension is more like a sports car - compliant but firm, with grippy tires (the 175's stick pretty darn good). The only quality control issue is a tiny wind whistle on the driver's side at high speeds - otherwise, famous Toyota quality at a bargain price.