Used 2002 Toyota ECHO Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:

Great car
By DICK STUART

2002 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased for my wife and now we fight over who will drive. I always drove big cars but this drives like a big car and the reliability and gas mileage and looks have won me over. You get more than you pay for in this car.

Gas mileage, fun to drive, room in trunk and seating.

ABS, cruise control.

Wow
By Wow

2002 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had a great experience with this little car! Great on gas, great on oil! No leaking problems or burning oil at all. This car is quality. I commute nearly 80 miles a day, and this car has had no problems.

Gas!! Space and storage.

Possibly making the front end a bit heavier for snow travel (really too light for traction in the snow).

Great Car!
By Krystal

2002 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is tops! I got an ECHO in 2001 for Christmas, I've never had a problem with it (other than a recall in 2006). Starts up in bad weather and is a great car for teens. Cheap to maintain and the gas mileage is wonderful. I drove from Madison to Chicago and back (~350miles) and still had 1/4 tank of gas left! Very roomy, especially the trunk. People are always surprised how much room is in that small of a car. Extremely reliable and REALLY fun to drive (5 speed manual)!

5 speed. Trunk space. Speedometer placement (get comments on it all the time).

None, this car is excellent!

Great Little Car
By Bert

2002 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great car! I bought this car used from an individual. I have nearly 100,000 miles, and not a single problem. Comfy, roomy for a tiny package and great on gas!

MPG, roomy interior, large trunk.

Need wiper delay, more sound insulation. Some fit and finish problems in interior. A lot of high frequency rattles in dashboard. Fold down back seat should be standard. Most other cars in this price range have these items. Still a great car!

Best car for first time driver
By Nuno

2002 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for my wife for her to learn how to drive, not only was she comfortable, it was fun to drive. We even took it from NY to North Carolina and Virginia Beach. We made a great trip, Never had any problem with it. and Gas consumption, on that trip was over 36 mpg and in city is around 32-35. Very easy to park, and to find park for. This car was a great experience for us.

Gas consumption, easy to park and fun to drive, looks small but when you step on the gas, it goes fast. You should see the trunk on this little car, impressive.

Exterior design could be better.

• SUV