2002 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:
GREAT CAR
By sillygirl2 on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great Gas mileage. Love the panel in center of dash...little strange at first...but never want to go back. SOOOO roomy for such a tiny car. So easy to park. Drives great!

Excellent car
By jmgpete on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this ECHO when I couldn't find a car that I liked to replace my aging and malfunctioning VW Golf GTI VR6. I have to disagree with Edmunds review of the ECHO. Handles well; roomy and extremely comfortable. (I'm 6'4''.) Excellent pick-up and great gas mileage. Performs very well in bad weather especially on snowy and slick roads. I don't love it like my GTI but I am extremely satisfied with it. I find it very fun to drive. Driven it on city streets (where it excels), rural backroads and busy interstates and it handles all very well. It's neither gorgeous nor glamorous but it is a great little workhorse.

Best Buy for the Money
By Marc Yu on 01/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great overall value. Warren Brown, the car editor for the Washington Post, just helped his daughter get one and he can't believe how great this car is for the money. The seat material and shape need help, though. Lots of help.

Great Car
By gsbanks on 11/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Love my Echo! I previously had a Dodge Pickup. I wanted something that got great gas mileage and also had a little bit of room. Echo was a great alternative to to the more expensive Hybrids. I never get less than 39 miles to the gallon (although I always use 93 octane gas). Echo is also very safe. I had an accident on the interstate in May where I was going about 40mph and hit the car in front of me (it was a 5 car accordian crash and I was the last one). The car abaorbed all the blow and I wasn't hurt or sore at all. I will soon be testing my Echo out when I drive it to Alaska in January. I have lived there before and think it will do well.

Hatchback review from Sydney
By SydneyGirl on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Hi guys, after reading that the US don't have Hatchbacks I thought I would post my own review up, I have a silver hatchback Echo, 4 door, 1.3L engine that I purchased in July last year. It is an excellent car, I was trying to decide between it and the Daihatsu Sirion (both were same price, but the Sirion had electric everything + CD) but ended up going with the Echo for it's solid construction. I haven't regretted it, great car, very fun to drive, handles well, reliable and you can pack so much into it.

GREAT COMMUTER CAR
By boggerguy on 10/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car specifically for commuting(gas mileage) it turned to be great..the car has 11.9 gal tank and I get about 400 miles to tank and thats going 80 mph everywhere. I also travel alot of dirst roads around so I developed a window alignment problem fixed by dealer... overall great commuter car highly recommend it

Great Commuter Car
By jludes on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car almost a year ago to commute back and forth to college. I am getting 37 mpg on average(not too bad). There has been no problems for the first 18500 miles. Acceleration with the 5 speed is suprisingly good. I put on aftermarket 16" TRD wheels with low profile tires. This helped the horrible handling a lot. Overall, great commuter.

GREAT CAR
By ldk on 09/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! It drives smoothly, and has lots of interior space/storage for a small car. Visibility is great, I like being up high. I'm glad it came stripped, because I can add the stereo and alarm I want without paying dealership prices for low quality equipment!

I heard an ECHO...and answered!
By Ed1961 on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I couldn't be in more disagreement with the "professional" review for the ECHO (which came complete with an egregious spelling error.) My ECHO is red, and it looks like a rocket from the side. It handles very well in city traffic and on the highway. I love the roomy interior, I like the high seating the car affords, and I think the central location of the speedometer is pretty cool. The car has great pickup, it's fun to drive, and the price was right. The Edmunds review of the ECHO smacks of snobbery and elitism. If you want a cool, reliable, reasonably -priced auto, you can't go wrong with this car!

Excellent Investment
By Airedale on 08/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Totally satisfied with power, ride, and comfort. Goes over bumps and railroad tracks smoother than my previous larger car. Excellent visibility all around and more space than needed.