2002 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:
It's all good from here!
By Joshie on 02/27/08 14:15 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the best car for your money. It is so roomy and has so much storage it seems unnecessary to have the amount that it does. I have had 5 people in my car and everyone fits comfortably. I am also 6'8" and I fit in with no problem. Although the fuel economy is not what is listed (28 city) I think I drive too fast to get what is listed, but highway seems very good. Even though this car is small it can sustain a speed hovering around 80 mph. This car is great.

Great car
By DICK STUART on 08/06/07 13:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased for my wife and now we fight over who will drive. I always drove big cars but this drives like a big car and the reliability and gas mileage and looks have won me over. You get more than you pay for in this car.

Wow
By Wow on 07/26/07 07:44 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had a great experience with this little car! Great on gas, great on oil! No leaking problems or burning oil at all. This car is quality. I commute nearly 80 miles a day, and this car has had no problems.

Great Car!
By Krystal on 03/05/07 17:47 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is tops! I got an ECHO in 2001 for Christmas, I've never had a problem with it (other than a recall in 2006). Starts up in bad weather and is a great car for teens. Cheap to maintain and the gas mileage is wonderful. I drove from Madison to Chicago and back (~350miles) and still had 1/4 tank of gas left! Very roomy, especially the trunk. People are always surprised how much room is in that small of a car. Extremely reliable and REALLY fun to drive (5 speed manual)!

Great Little Car
By Bert on 02/23/07 06:44 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great car! I bought this car used from an individual. I have nearly 100,000 miles, and not a single problem. Comfy, roomy for a tiny package and great on gas!

Best car for first time driver
By Nuno on 01/23/07 04:39 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for my wife for her to learn how to drive, not only was she comfortable, it was fun to drive. We even took it from NY to North Carolina and Virginia Beach. We made a great trip, Never had any problem with it. and Gas consumption, on that trip was over 36 mpg and in city is around 32-35. Very easy to park, and to find park for. This car was a great experience for us.

Almost a Great car...
By GPRenegade on 12/14/06 11:54 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my echo after driving a V6 Buick LeSabre so my numbers for performance and comfort may be a little biased, but the rest of my ratings are bluntly honest and accurate. Performance & comfort: has good acceleration from a standstill, but not so great at higher speeds (engine vibrates, whines, and often hesitates). Fun & economy: the Echo handles like a go-kart. Great for turns and navigating traffic, not so great at high speed or in bad weather. Gas mileage is good, close to what is expected. Design & quality & reliability: great interior styling, love the speedometer placement. Hate the exterior styling. It reminds me of a ride at disneyland. As for reliability, it's a Toyota.

good little car
By ray on 09/11/06 11:42 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

great little car, little gas to operate no major problems so far

Great commuter on a budget
By Vivorodz on 06/08/06 11:19 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have never been displeased with the impact on the pocket book. This car has been driven as a commuter to college (20 miles one way) and as a teacher (25 mi one way) with LOW impact on the pocket book. When gas was in the $1 range I could fill up for around $15, now a days I spent closer to $25 but I am not complaining. I avg. around 30-35 miles per gallon in my automatic and make several trips to San Antonio a year for conventions. This car makes it from the Dallas Fort Worth area to San Antonio (around 300 miles) on 3/4 of a tank easily, fully loaded and with the air conditioner running.

I Love my Echo at the Gas Pumps
By Dawn on 04/27/06 20:31 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my ECHO. I get close to 50 mpg. With the prices of gas today, it only takes $20.00 to fill her up. It's a fun car to drive and is very reliable. I am sad that Toyota is not making Echo's any longer for the US. I actually got a letter from the Dealer wanting to buy this car back. I hope to have this car for many years.