2002 Toyota ECHO Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:
I Love My Car!
By sxylump on 07/08/14 15:19 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Echo since 2004 and I absolutely love it! It is zippy and gets wonderful gas mileage. It runs great and is a trooper in the snow (and We get a lot of snow where I live too). I recently took it to the local Toyota dealer for inspection and they said everything is still in great shape. I know when it comes time to buy a new car, it will be a sad day for me to part with my Echo.

Light as a feather and a lifesaver
By Ethan on 07/30/10 17:24 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

"Wow it's zippy!" were my first words when I first drove this car. The acceleration is very responsive, the small engine was more than enough for this featherweight (just beware strong wind and rain), and it got better mileage than most hybrids. It's certainly stylish, and although the interior is lackluster, the high instrument panel to the right of the driver allowed for better eye contact with the road. For eight years, with regular oil changes and diagnostics, I never had a single problem with the car until I drove the car into another. The front crumpled, saving my life, but it crumpled far too easily and the car was totaled while the other car barely got a scratch.

Best Car EVER!
By Sammi's Dad on 07/23/10 15:39 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this 2002 Toyota Echo for my daughter in 2005. It had 59K miles on it then. After 5 years and another 50K miles, this car runs like new! Oil changes and a new set of tires are the only $ invested. Its bright red color & peppy drive make people ask what kind of car is that? After she graduates from college, I will buy my daughter a new car & I plan to drive this ECHO until the wheels fall off, even though I doubt it will happen. On her 1200 mile trips to college, she gets around 45 MPG. I think the ECHO may be one of the best built cars ever made. I'm hoping to get over 300,000 miles on this car. You cannot go wrong buying a Toyota Echo.

Great around town, so-so on the road
By PetRock235 on 01/02/10 20:34 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Economical car, 30mpg avg, easily fits in tight parking spaces, pretty good around town. The ride is a little bumpy, and it's noisy at highway speed. Acceleration is OK for on ramps but a little underpowered for climbing hills.

Nice Little Car
By CharlieA on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

A lovely little vehicle. I am 6'2" tall. I sit upright in the driver's seat, with plenty of room above the top of my hat. The only negative comfort feature is the foot rest for the left foot, sized for a midget. That can be uncomfortable, particularly for long drives. I waited three months for delivery of my Echo from Japan, in order to get an Antilock Braking System (ABS); a very worthwhile choice.