Used 2002 Toyota ECHO Sedan Consumer Reviews - 57 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota ECHO Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:

They go forever!
By Rick Goudzwaar

2002 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Strong running engine. Mine is all manual including windows, door locks, etc. With regular maintenance these cars will go forever.

Love our Echos!
By Jeff Harning

2002 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased an Echo and I was jealous of my husband driving it, that we bought a second one six months later!!
The maneuverability is fantastic. Repairs have been minimal, just normal tires, etc. the gas mileage cannot be beat.
We are selling both of them now for a larger vehicles to carry grandchildren! We had intended to continue driving our His and Hers Echos for many years to come!

A gas saver
By Adam Wu

2002 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2002 Echo new. I once love it so much. It has accompanied me for almost 14 years. Even now, I have still had it in my garage. As I have aged and become financially stronger, I realized I might have made a wrong choice on buying it 14 years ago. It's too light as a vehicle. Even it costs more for car insurance. Overall, it is an okay-subcompact. As an entry-level Toyota, it's quality is good. So far, my Echo has died on me three times. I have put 155000 miles on it.

Wonderful car for basic transportation
By Bill

2002 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a super reliable vehicle. The 1NZ-FE engine has a timing chain, not a belt. The tires are small and very inexpensive... it's cheap to own and cheap to maintain in all aspects. I love the simplicity and basic nature of this car.

Just change the fluids at the appropriate intervals and enjoy the car.

Little Red Gecko the Echo!
By Dan

2002 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

My mom had this car for three years. She bought it in 2012, and i got it in december of 2015. Its a tough little car. I do wish it had some of the basic features found on other cars, like power windows. And i wish the seats were more comfortable. However, for a reliable first car i cant complain!