2001 Toyota ECHO Consumer Review: LOVE our ECHO!

2001 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

LOVE our ECHO!
By sunshinekjc on

2001 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased our '01 Echo in late September of 01 & have loved it since day one! Originally, we were looking at Camrys & Accords but didn't want to fork over $25K+ for a four door sedan. We initially purchased the ECHO because of the reasonable price ($13K) & awesome mileage, but soon fell in love with the all of the storage, cool gauges & overall reliability of the car. We've owned it for 3+ years now & have not had it in the shop for anything other than an oil change! We always get lots of compliments and questions about it (mileage, cost, etc.) & recommend buying one to anyone who asks! We disagree with the Editor's review completely & think you will love your ECHO as much as we do ours!

GREAT mileage! MUCH roomier than it looks from the outside! Husband & I are both over 6 feet tall & have more than enough room in the front seats, plus we have two car seats for our kids in the back seat! Trunk is as big if not bigger than our Malibu's! Great price for an AWESOME CAR! RECOMMEDED!!

Would like more "standard" features. We bought a "semi-loaded" one with power locks, CD, anti-lock brakes, AC, automatic transmission, but still don't have power windows (which I don't miss near as much as I thought I would) or cruise control (which my husband misses). Pro's definitely outweigh tho!