2001 Toyota ECHO Consumer Review: Love my 2001 4 door Echo

2001 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Love my 2001 4 door Echo
By Dave M on

2001 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased, added, this car used in August 2005. I have an Avalon so I wanted to stay with the Toyota reliability. After researching I found that owners love their Echos! I bought because of the mileage and have not been disappointed. Lowest so far is 33mpg and straight highway I've got between 45mpg and 49mpg. It handles very smooth on the road and on long trips it has been comfortable. Obviously not as comfy as my Avalon but still ok. My wife and kids all love the car and I get compliments on it all the time. It does not feel like a typical small car on the inside. I save everytime I go to the pump. I rate buying this car as one of the smarter things I have done in a long time.

Gas mileage, roomy feeling interior, smooth ride, sits higher on the road so you don't feel like you're in a small car, easy to park in tight spaces, fun to drive.

Put a little better quality into things like the sun-visors and add a center arm rest, little better speakers would be nice.