2001 Toyota ECHO Consumer Review: I Love my ECHO

2001 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Review

I Love my ECHO
By ECHO Lover on

2001 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I was drawn to the ECHO because of it's reputed gas mileage and I have not been disappointed. I average 38 miles to the gallon in town, and over 40 on the highways/freeways. I love the instrument panel and was surprised at first at how roomy the car was. When I moved last year I got all of my belongings minus my furniture in the car! My boyfriend, who has a penchant for cars, looked disappointed when I drove home in it the first time - but digs it now for it's handling and wants to get it out on the racetrack!

You know those high riding trucks that look as if they could eat the ECHO alive? Yeah, well I pass them going uphill over the mountain passes. I wonder what they think when they see my ECHO enblem passing by. There is storage in places you didn't know there could be storage. The trunk is huge!

I miss having a tachometer, and I need about 1/4 inch more leg room in the front. This car has what's most important though - power, gas mileage and a quiet, easy ride.