2001 Toyota ECHO Consumer Review: Great little car

2001 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great little car
By Chopper on

2001 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

With gas prices close to $4 per gallon, I had to step down from my Yukon XL and wanted the most economical car I could find without going hybrid. I didn't know what an Echo was, but in my research, this car continued to show up with top ratings and top MPG. I have had the car several months and several thousand miles and the reviews were right. Gas mileage 36-38 combined driving, with interstate driving at 70 mph. I am very pleased with the car and would consider another. Better performance than a 2000 Ford Focus I also own. It is amazing what that 1.5 L engine can do with this car. I plan to keep this one for a long time.

Excellent gas mileage, good interior room, top reliability, simplicity of design, easy entry and exit, don't feel like you are sitting on the ground, surprising performance considering the engine size.

Driver seat could be more comfortable, especially for long trips. Need some type of right side arm rest for the driver. Front windows do not go all the way down into the door. I wish my car had auto door locks, cruise control, ABS and side air bags.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review