Used 2001 Toyota ECHO Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:

2001 Echo
By john harper

2001 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been good for 45,000 miles and five years. I plan to get another five cheap years out of the car. The car is reliable.

Interior space, gas mileage is good, few service problems.

Make it an inch or two wider.

Cute as a Button!
By sarah

2001 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Roxy Echo for over 6 months, and I wouldn't change a thing about it. I have a 4 door with all the optional features, and despite what this review says about the cost versus what you get, I think this is one of the most fun to drive cars on the market! A lot of people cannot get past the look of the echo, but I don't understand why. Even though its about the gas mileage, I love the look! Then again, I'm an eclectic kind of person who wants to drive something unusual and still hip. I also have to say that it's easy to get into-it's taller to provide more room-and that really helps because i'm not short! I was looking for an SUV, but fell in love with this echo!

Roxy Seat Covers (w/ roxy edition) - so easy to clean (they're wetsuit material!) The CUBBIES! So much storage for such a little car. My favorite is probably the compartment above the glove compartment!

Power windows. Technology has gotten better--hello, microchips--and i'm sure there's a way to work that into the doors.

Saving money and time
By L C McClure

2001 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle has served my transportation needs admirably, since the first day of ownership! Maintenance and performance records have fulfilled my ideals of auto ownership frugality - in time saved and money well spent. This car has proven itself to be an adequate replacement for the Chevy Geo, which is no longer produced. I expect it to "run" for a full one hundred thousand miles + !

Easy to clean, park, and maintain.

After almost 5 years of ownership, I have no suggestions for improvements.

Speed Demon
By Piero

2001 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have learned to drive in the great land of Italy where the love of cars and speed is greatly loved. My little funky Echo make me miss the driving there. However to drive fast around the turns I have found that you need to oversize your tires to 195-60-14 and keep the front inflated to 35 PSI instead of 32. I have Bridgestone Potenza RE 950 and love them.

Acceleration, handling (see above) fuel Economy

Bigger sway bar and tachometer standard instead as an option.

Love my 2001 4 door Echo
By Dave M

2001 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased, added, this car used in August 2005. I have an Avalon so I wanted to stay with the Toyota reliability. After researching I found that owners love their Echos! I bought because of the mileage and have not been disappointed. Lowest so far is 33mpg and straight highway I've got between 45mpg and 49mpg. It handles very smooth on the road and on long trips it has been comfortable. Obviously not as comfy as my Avalon but still ok. My wife and kids all love the car and I get compliments on it all the time. It does not feel like a typical small car on the inside. I save everytime I go to the pump. I rate buying this car as one of the smarter things I have done in a long time.

Gas mileage, roomy feeling interior, smooth ride, sits higher on the road so you don't feel like you're in a small car, easy to park in tight spaces, fun to drive.

Put a little better quality into things like the sun-visors and add a center arm rest, little better speakers would be nice.