2001 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:
ECHO Lover indeed
By Corey on 06/06/07 17:56 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I currently have 149,000 miles on a 2001 model. With good tire pressure management, a clean and waxed car, and careful driving, I consistently am averaging > 47.0 mpg week in and week out during warmer weather. I'm waiting for the Endo. I know Toyota will not compromise like smart did, requiring premium fuel and only publishing 40+ mpg from a 1,600 lb car. Come on Toyota! Bring me the Endo now!

Best Small Car Ever
By Viki Benton on 02/01/07 13:18 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I had always preferred large vehicles but took a chance on a small, economical commuter vehicle. It looked so ugly at first but upon getting in it, you find that it is large inside and really comfortable! And quality for an inexpensive car. I have had mine 5 years and I love it more than any other car I have ever had; it's just the best car ever. I will drive it til it drives no more! A GREAT CAR! And it is actually a very good looking little car!! Wait till you get inside one and drive it. Exterior holds up well too.

Great little car
By LARRY COLLIE on 07/28/06 20:05 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Its been a pleasure to drive it. It’s my wife’s car and she loves it. It may not be top of the line but we have had zero problems with it. It just keeps on going with great gas mileage. She averages about 38 in town 45-50 highway - got as high as 55 mpg on one trip.

Great Car
By snook on 07/27/06 01:58 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

You won't regret buying this car. It is very powerful when carrying only 1 or 2 passengers. However, too much weight and it starts to get substantially bogged down. The interrior is very nice and I've grown to like the center console very much. I find the seats to be very comfortable. The wind does blow the car around - especially at high speeds. This car is very light weight and is very fun to drive.

More room then you think
By maxx1234 on 04/30/06 08:47 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I found the 2001 echo to be a great little car to get around, at first one has to get used to driving it. Being more alert around you, not taking ones eyes off the road for too long, space inside is a real plus, head room is very good, well put together

2001 Echo
By john harper on 03/22/06 07:27 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been good for 45,000 miles and five years. I plan to get another five cheap years out of the car. The car is reliable.

Cute as a Button!
By sarah on 02/07/06 20:50 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Roxy Echo for over 6 months, and I wouldn't change a thing about it. I have a 4 door with all the optional features, and despite what this review says about the cost versus what you get, I think this is one of the most fun to drive cars on the market! A lot of people cannot get past the look of the echo, but I don't understand why. Even though its about the gas mileage, I love the look! Then again, I'm an eclectic kind of person who wants to drive something unusual and still hip. I also have to say that it's easy to get into-it's taller to provide more room-and that really helps because i'm not short! I was looking for an SUV, but fell in love with this echo!

Saving money and time
By L C McClure on 12/24/05 10:02 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle has served my transportation needs admirably, since the first day of ownership! Maintenance and performance records have fulfilled my ideals of auto ownership frugality - in time saved and money well spent. This car has proven itself to be an adequate replacement for the Chevy Geo, which is no longer produced. I expect it to "run" for a full one hundred thousand miles + !

Speed Demon
By Piero on 12/04/05 00:31 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have learned to drive in the great land of Italy where the love of cars and speed is greatly loved. My little funky Echo make me miss the driving there. However to drive fast around the turns I have found that you need to oversize your tires to 195-60-14 and keep the front inflated to 35 PSI instead of 32. I have Bridgestone Potenza RE 950 and love them.

Love my 2001 4 door Echo
By Dave M on 11/25/05 15:49 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased, added, this car used in August 2005. I have an Avalon so I wanted to stay with the Toyota reliability. After researching I found that owners love their Echos! I bought because of the mileage and have not been disappointed. Lowest so far is 33mpg and straight highway I've got between 45mpg and 49mpg. It handles very smooth on the road and on long trips it has been comfortable. Obviously not as comfy as my Avalon but still ok. My wife and kids all love the car and I get compliments on it all the time. It does not feel like a typical small car on the inside. I save everytime I go to the pump. I rate buying this car as one of the smarter things I have done in a long time.