2001 Toyota ECHO Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:
Great little car
By LARRY COLLIE on 07/28/06 20:05 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Its been a pleasure to drive it. It’s my wife’s car and she loves it. It may not be top of the line but we have had zero problems with it. It just keeps on going with great gas mileage. She averages about 38 in town 45-50 highway - got as high as 55 mpg on one trip.

Great Car
By snook on 07/27/06 01:58 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

You won't regret buying this car. It is very powerful when carrying only 1 or 2 passengers. However, too much weight and it starts to get substantially bogged down. The interrior is very nice and I've grown to like the center console very much. I find the seats to be very comfortable. The wind does blow the car around - especially at high speeds. This car is very light weight and is very fun to drive.

More room then you think
By maxx1234 on 04/30/06 08:47 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I found the 2001 echo to be a great little car to get around, at first one has to get used to driving it. Being more alert around you, not taking ones eyes off the road for too long, space inside is a real plus, head room is very good, well put together

2001 Echo
By john harper on 03/22/06 07:27 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been good for 45,000 miles and five years. I plan to get another five cheap years out of the car. The car is reliable.

Speed Demon
By Piero on 12/04/05 00:31 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have learned to drive in the great land of Italy where the love of cars and speed is greatly loved. My little funky Echo make me miss the driving there. However to drive fast around the turns I have found that you need to oversize your tires to 195-60-14 and keep the front inflated to 35 PSI instead of 32. I have Bridgestone Potenza RE 950 and love them.

Gas Mileage
By miataman on 07/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is as close to a hybrid as you get. On my first trip from Ohio to New York I filled up when I left Ohio and fueled again when I got home and got 49 miles to the gallon!! I could not believe it myself! This car is a bare bones Echo with a 5 speed, no A/C not even power steering. Needless to say I was very impressed with the mileage. The car handles well but an small car, except for strong cross winds on the highway sometimes. But I guess that is the price you pay for low weight and GREAT fuel mileage! The car is very well put together and I would recommend to anyone looking for an inexpensive but reliable car. Love my Echo!!

Overall Pleased
By RedEchoGurl on 05/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first car. What attracted me to it was that no one really liked the echos look, and I wanted to be different. I LOVE my little Echo. Wish I would have gotten the 4 door model, but I was trying to save money. Love the acceleration. Love all the extra storage space.

Please don't.
By argggg on 04/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been a nighmare. I have made good friends since i bought this car; the mechanics at toyota, i am there often. I can't belevie how unreliable this car is. The build quality is lower than that in my sister's kia.

2001 TOYOTAL ECHO
By BOXER14 on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

VERY SATISFIEED. EXCELLENT GAS MILEAGE APPROX 38/46 WITH STICK SHIFT. MOST COMFORTABLE RIDING VEHICLE I HAVE EVERY HAD. ONLY DRAWBACK IS ON THE INTERSTATE ON A WINDY DAY OR IF A BIG TRUCK PASSES ON THE INTERSTATE, ROCKS MY ECHO SOMEWHAT. GREAT DEAL.

This car WORKS
By Jpoynter on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've put 54000 miles on the Echo in two years, and during that time the only glitches I've found were poor handling and soft paint. The poor handling was due to improper inflation of the tires causing a rearend skittering at high speeds. The steering is light and precise when the tires are properly inflated, and the handling improved greatly with a tire upgrade. So the only true complaint comes with the idea that a bug can go right through the paint. The hood needs to be sanded and painted.