2000 Toyota ECHO Consumer Review: I LOVE this car

2000 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Review

I LOVE this car
By Ronnie on

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

It gets good mileage, average of 36 mpg, and it handles well for a small car. It's comfortable, though I find my shoulder hurting after sitting in it too long since I'm 6'1 and the armrest on the door isn't quite high enough to sit without slouching. The only problems so far are a catalytic converter and a charcoal canister. The Catalytic Converter was replaced at 79,000 and now needs it again at 90,000, that's a major expense only 11,000 miles apart. I do love this car, so hopefully once its catalytic converter is fixed it will be back to its excellent driving condition. The Toyota dealership was happy to see it and told me they are the best of the used Toyotas out there.

MILEAGE!!! It almost competes with hybrids. Room to move, being 6'1 there's plenty of room in there for me, other people are surprised when they get in about the amount of space since it looks like such a small car from the outside. Nice sound system. VERY reliable, I plan to drive it forever.

Car feels like it's going to be pushed into other lanes in high winds. A wider opening between back seat and trunk to put things through the fold down seat.