Used 2000 Toyota ECHO Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:

2000 Echo, loving it
By Al

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car for my son in May 2005 with 88000 miles on it and have since added 6000 miles without any troubles. It's a solid little car which gets excellent mpg. With the price of gas going high, I was lucky to pick this up.

I'm not sure this is a feature, but I like that the car has good pickup for having such a small engine.

I'm keeping it
By farmlassie

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

This car is absolutely wonderful! I have loved it from the day I bought it. We have had 3 minivans since we bought this car and I still prefer my ECHO. It is effected by the wind, but it is well worth it. With the price of gas it is a real asset to own. I would buy it again if I needed another car. It isn't the most comfortable on long trips, especially not having a right-arm rest for the driver. The safety is greatly appreciated.

The double glove box is wonderful and I love the location of the dashboard. It was a concern at first but now I love it. The trunk is large and being able to put the back seats down is great. I also love the radio/cd player. It handles great and you can park in almost any spot in the lot.

It really needs an arm rest. I would also put bigger cup holders in it, especially the ones in the front. It doesn't hold my 44oz. soda very well.

Love my echo!
By Karen

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I love this car! I got it the first year it was out. I had original tires on it until I replaced them a few weeks ago. So, that was 5 years and the only reason that I did it was that Michelin had a sale.

It is roomy for a small car and has lots of storage areas. I like the location of the displays. You can glance down easier while driving.

My dealer did not have a floor model with auto locks, I would have liked that. I will order one next time.

The perfect commuter car
By catomaior

2000 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe

I owned my ECHO for five years and if it wasn't for the need of more space for the child seat, I would still have it. It is a lot of fun to drive, sprinty and light. The inside is roomy albeit cheapy (you have space for everything you want). The gas milage is unbeatable (I averaged 35 MPG on my daily usage, meaning about 20-25 bucks a month on the gas). The handling was always challenging, though, especially with strong winds on heavy rainfall (not rare in Seattle). Once, only my rally driving training helped me keep the car on the road when I had to make an abrupt emergency maneuver on a wet road to dodge a deer. Also, with more than once passenger, the engine is a little underpowered.

Gas milage, power/weight ratio, visibility

Less cheapy interior. ABS. Stability. Accessibility of the rear seat.

Loving it
By SCOTT

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I cannot say enough about how I feel about this car . One word says it best, great. I love everything about it, from its storage withen to its 40 mpg. We live a couple of hours from Charlette NC and have taken our Echo at least 7 times not to mention a couple of trips to Tenn. and S.C. My wife is now saying that she is going to start to drive it to work because of gas prices. I usually fill it up every 2 weeks sometimes longer. When we bought it, it had 39k now we are at about 50k and still going strong.

Gas 40mpg