2000 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:
get at least two
By eyeland4u on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

great mileage, peppy with shift button, have not had to align or change tires only rotate tires. Bought one for me and one for my daughter

Some Problems . . .
By KathyME on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

In good weather, I love this car. In rain, sleet, snow, or icy weather, I HATE this car. I slides all over the road,and nearly blows OFF the road in the wind. I live in Michigan and we have HARD winters. I have never been so scared when driving in bad weather as I have been with this car. Furthermore, the plastic trim is all falling off!! This car is cute, is very economical and fun to drive, but I wouldn't buy another one . . . .

ECHO that goes!
By sonatafan on 07/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe

My Echo is fast

Great But...
By KevinJackson on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

The Car is great but this car makes you CAR SICK easy after a while. It does NOT have a clock inside!

Best little car out there
By echo1 on 05/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

When my boyfriend totalled my old Carolla, I had no idea what was out there, and checked just about everything. The minute I got into the Echo it was great, and has stayed great for the last 2 years. Great car for the price, great reliability, no problems, great gas mileage (and I do a lot of stop-and-go traffic), and amazing amounts of space for such a small looking car! It has moved half my apartment, and stands up to LA traffic. I would highly recommend it.

LOVED BUT LOST
By CRANFIELD on 04/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I LIKE THIS CAR ALOT, BUT WHEN I REARENDED ANOTHER CAR IT WAS TOTALED. LOOKED LIKE THE SLOPPED FRONT END OF THE CAR WENT UNDER THE REAR END OF THE OTHER CAR. MESSED UP THE RADATOR, AND FAN. AIR BAGS CAME OUT --- IT DID NOT LOOK LIKE THE BUMPER WAS OF ANY USE. I WAS NOT GOING THAT FAST AND NOW THE CAR IS TOTALED.

Good Commuter Car
By macchick on 04/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 Echo because I commute almost 90 miles a day round trip and needed something that gets good mileage. Overall, an excellent choice due to the ergonomic and comfortable seats, controls, and design which enables shorter drivers to actually see the road. It's cheaper to buy than a Corolla and in many ways just as good or better.

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr
By ECHO owner on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new in the summer of 2000. Performance is great for such a small car. However, I am unhappy with the current resale value of my vehicle. Price when I first bought it, was well over $14,000 (got pretty much all the upgrades). I put $4,000 down, financed the rest for 4 years, and now, with a little more than 2 years left on the loan, I am about $100 away from being upside down on the loan! Of course, if you're considering this car used, it'll be a great deal for you. Just don't get it new, like I did, because its value drops like a rock (probably because this is one of those love-it-or-hate-it cars).

The BEST starter car there is!!!!
By jnl on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

This was (and still is) my starter car, and the reliability was OUTSTANDING!!! I need something bigger and thats the ONLY reason I'm trading this in, if i had more money, I'd prefer to hold on to it as a "extra" car. Like the first reviewer said, its AMAZING the parking spots you can squish in too, great for shopping expeditions or a busy night out in the city.

Perfect for my needs
By Minneapolis Su on 03/15/02 16:42 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

Bought a used 2000 Echo with 33,000 miles on it. Best car I've ever owned, besides my 1990 Prizm. My Echo is zippy, peppy, handles like a dream and looks cute and sporty. Huge trunk, plenty of interio space, comfortable seats. I like the speedometer/instrument panel positioned in the middle of the dashboard, as opposed to being right in front of the steering wheel. Very easy to get used to! Great gas mileage: 35-city and 42 on highway. (I laugh at SUV owners when I go to the gas station). Great heater, AC, radio. My only complaint is that because the car is so light, it tends to get buffered around on a fairly windy day. But otherwise, I love my Echo.