Used 2000 Toyota ECHO Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:

Bad car
By Toni

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I have had my echo since jan 1 2006 and I bought it with 75000 miles on it it seemed like it would be a good little car to get around in. But I have had nothing but trouble with it within a week the engine light came on so took it in and got that fixed and two days later the engine light comes back on it it keep jumping and jerking while I drive it so I had to get that fixed and a week after that something else went wrong..I have had to have it towed 5 times since I bought it..

It's roomy inside, liked the storage compartments

Make it more reliable so it will last longer

the best
By zaatsy

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

My Echo is best car I have ever owned. Totally reliable. 6 years and 192000 miles driven & all I have had to replace is a thermostat. I do keep on top of the maintenance. The inside is so roomy I don't feel I am in a small car until I see another Echo. The sound system is excellent. I would have preferred a little more body style and would have loved it if I could ever have achieved the milage of 43 mpg mentioned on the sticker. Small cars usually have no "get up and go" but the peppiness of the Echo is incredibly impressive. I love my car so much I wanted to purchase another. I was devastated when I found them dropped from the line.

The performance & reliablity. Regular maintenance and she goes and goes and goes.

Body styling. Some of us older people like an inexpensive small car that looks good, drives well, is economical and doesn't look childish. Some additional colors.

ECHO ECHo ECho Echo
By ECHO ECHo ECho Echo

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I really enjoy my Echo! Its a fabulously cute car and all of my college friends love it! I would definitely recommend the Echo to a chic, young person! Its just almost too perfect! Beep! Beep!

The interior design and "cubby" space are my farvorite aspects of the car! I can fit so much into that little thing and the trunk is actually quite large for such a compact car. Its perfect for bringing things to and from school.

The pick up is a little slow, but I believe that is because of the engine size. Other than that, the exterior is a little on the "bubbley/cartoony" side.

I love this car!
By Rachel

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I love my Echo. It has been a great car. I haven't had any problems with it even after I hit a deer! I always recommend this car.

It actually does get GREAT gas mileage. It has more room in it than it seems like it would from the outside.

I would have liked for it to come with more factory options. I had to add cruise control, keyless entry, and tinted windows after factory.

I love this car
By cassandral

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 114k miles. It is my first car and its perfect for me. I was shocked at how much room there is inside-it looks so tiny from outside. Im 5'9" and I never have enough leg room in my moms car-2000 Dodge Neon. In my Echo I actually had to move the seat up so I was closer to the wheel! But yet its also small enough that I can park literally anywhere. It handles really nicely on hills and on curves, and barely takes any time to accelerate. The trunk is huge and has a really cute secret compartment with the jack. I havent had this car very long so I dont know about the reliability, but the dealer gave me a free 3year warranty b/c even he knows nothing will go wrong!

CD player, glove box, storage things under the wheel and on the sides of the CD player, dome light...I love pretty much everything about my Echo!!!!

The speedometer is hard to read because there are only numbers in intervals of 20-there are just little tiny marks for 30 and 50, and it would be nice to have more windshield wiper settings instead of just high and low (my mom's Neon has 5 settings) but these are very minor things-its an awesome car!

• SUV