2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan Consumer Reviews 6

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (53 reviews )
The BEST starter car there is!!!!
By jnl on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

This was (and still is) my starter car, and the reliability was OUTSTANDING!!! I need something bigger and thats the ONLY reason I'm trading this in, if i had more money, I'd prefer to hold on to it as a "extra" car. Like the first reviewer said, its AMAZING the parking spots you can squish in too, great for shopping expeditions or a busy night out in the city.

Perfect for my needs
By Minneapolis Su on 03/15/02 16:42 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought a used 2000 Echo with 33,000 miles on it. Best car I've ever owned, besides my 1990 Prizm. My Echo is zippy, peppy, handles like a dream and looks cute and sporty. Huge trunk, plenty of interio space, comfortable seats. I like the speedometer/instrument panel positioned in the middle of the dashboard, as opposed to being right in front of the steering wheel. Very easy to get used to! Great gas mileage: 35-city and 42 on highway. (I laugh at SUV owners when I go to the gas station). Great heater, AC, radio. My only complaint is that because the car is so light, it tends to get buffered around on a fairly windy day. But otherwise, I love my Echo.

Can't beat it
By echowrangler on 03/08/02 05:13 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this vehicle for a commuter. I love it - it sips gas, squeezes into tight parking spots, has great maneuverability. I had one minor problem, the trunk lock broke (wouldn't work with the key, just the interior release). It was fixed at no charge when I brought it in for regular service. NO other problems, only goes in for routine maintenance. Well, one problem - my wife wants to borrow it all the time. I like the interior space and headroom - I'm 6' 0", 250 lbs.