2000 Toyota ECHO Consumer Reviews 6

2000 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:
Student's Dream
By EBarber on 09/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe

I have had nothing but good things to say about my Toyota Echo. I get excellent gas milage and with gas prices so expensive it is truly wonderful to get 42 miles to the gallon. I am a college student who wanted something affordable as well as dependable.

Couldn't be happier
By B4rK0d3 on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

First car I've ever owned, and being a college student, it's awesome on the mileage. I generally get around 35 mpg, and that's a combination of highway and street driving. Recently, I moved 2000 miles across the country, with the car packed full of everything I owned. The weight was so high that the back tires were almost completely in the wheel-wells! This car performed the ENTIRE trip like it didn't have anything but the driver in the car. I have never had any problem with the car whatsoever, and I would totally recommend this car to anybody...ANYBODY. I couldn't be happier in the past year and a half that I've owned this vehicle.

Trust this car
By luvmyecho on 05/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I bought my little green Echo in August of the first year it was out, so I was a little worried as it hadn't been out for very long. However, knowing Toyota, my fears were few, and I felt (and still feel) this is a better value than almost any other compact out there. Roomy, great gas mileage, responsive, good pick up- I can hold my own in this car. It's true it can get blown about by a stong wind or a large semi passing, but I have few complaints besides that!

Best Ride for the buck
By ShoesNHeels on 03/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

If choosing between a 13K used car and an Echo, the decision is a no brainer. After 32000 miles, it runs and rides just like new. Because I bought a 5 speed, the pickup is just fine. The ride on an interstate is not smooth, but it rarely is in a 50000 used car anyway. You can drive this car knowing that it will be dependable and cost you nothing at the pump. I am surprised I don't see them everywhere

DD's Favorite Car
By dgrhd on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I have had no problems with my Echo. It is comfortable, fun to drive, lots of room inside, and gets great gas mileage.

Saved me
By wtlonestar on 12/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe

Bought it new and drove it about 43 miles per day commuting to work. Roomy,Great MPG,Handling is good also. At just short of 30,000 miles I ran into the back of a Dodge Ram Truck that stopped suddenly in traffic. The Car was totalled. Air bag deployed and saved my life. The steering wheel could be softer. I walk out of it with bad bruising from the seatbelt,Suggest 5 or 4 point harness,10 staples in my knee,broken ribs,busted wrist,one fractured foot bone. Very well built. Going for a bigger SUV this time. Thanks for the safety built in even in the low priced units.

Good Buy
By Talis on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe

Bought mine brand new from the dealer, it hasn't been back to the dealer since. (Except for the small fact that nobody in my area sells the air filter yet) I have never gotten worse than 44 miles per gallon and my highest was 50. Only extras I got were cruise control and a CD player. I drive over 35,000 miles a year, so I just wanted a car that would last and got good gas mileage.

Love the car
By loveit on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I just got my car a few months ago and I love it. I am a college student on a tight budget and was pleased with the price. It's a wonderful to drive, handles wonderfully. I have never had trouble with the handling of it in bad weather (not yet anyways). Great car for a first time byer.

Best car ever
By echoer on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I love this car. I wouldn't give up for a Cadilac. It is however not real comfortable for extended amounts of time. I use it just as a to and from town/work car. For that purpose it is the best I've ever driven. It's terrible in snow, sleet, rain, especially wind. But those days are few and far between. I would recommend this car to most anyone. Maybe not a teenager.

95% Perfect
By Toy-4-Ever on 09/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

Performance is exceptional given small engine. Lags a bit with AC on, what can I expect. Now have close to 45,000 on it. Couple of minor rattles, other than that, excellent vehicle. Rock solid and reliable, as with my '94 Toyota P/U (225,000 miles, less than $2,500 in repairs)