Used 2000 Toyota ECHO Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota ECHO

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:

A Face Only An Owner Could Love
By Autooracle

2000 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe

The design of this car is nothing short of sheer comedy. Powertrain: excellent: peppy, great mileage, idles smoother than my Mercedes. I literally get over 35 mpg with combination driving 40 mpg highway. Great car, especially for someone in the used car market who seeks reliable economy. As long as they are able to overlook quirky styling, they are set for miles reliable driving. Car also has a timing chain instead of a timing belt which is great for overall maintenance, or lack of.

The cold light indicator. Center mounted instrument cluster. High seat height.

They have accomplished it with the Yaris.

Best Vehicle I've ever owned
By JDR

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I've had no problems with this car at all. I replaced two sensors over 101,100 miles other than that the car is nearly flawless, comfortable even for tall people like myself. The dash board design is simple and easy to view. The stereo system is outstanding with six speakers. The gas mileage is phenomenal. I've owned many cars and this is by far one of the cheapest, fun to drive, and above all else reliable. Low maintenance costs. I can't say enough about this car except that I'd buy another one if they still made them.

My favorite feature is the surprising head and leg room as well as the stereo system. It also has surprising acceleration.

It could be quieter. You can definitely hear the road and wind.

Echo's got Zoom
By wasabiJo

2000 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe

My little red Echo spoils me - incredible fuel economy, roomy interior, peppy attitude, and very durable (mine has been rebuilt twice from two accidents - I just didn't want to get rid of it). I've used mine for zipping around town and cross-country trips (over 2,000 miles at a time), and hauling my junk to and from colleges for years. My friends (and some mechanics) think I'm nuts when I say I plan to run this car into the ground before I buy another one. As long as you keep up with the regular maintenance, nothing short of a collision with a semi will destroy it.

Fuel economy (still averages 40mpg after six years); small size but roomy; big trunk; durability.

Standard anti-lock brakes (I put a cinderblock in my trunk in winter to help keep traction on the ice); right-side arm rest for driver.

Little Tank
By Jonathan

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I have owned my Echo for 7 yrs and it is the best car I have owned. I have had this car where trucks have been stuck and it still keeps going in the snow. Seven years and 195000 kms later with proper maintenance all I have had to do is doughnut gasket struts and brakes once.

Long lasting and fun to drive.

No more 13 inch tires, they are harder and harder to find, as well it is not the best car in high winds.

Good for Gas Mileage
By AJ

2000 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe

The Toyota Echo is gets really good gas mileage and it has a lot more trunk space than you would expect.

Really good gas mileage.