Used 2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (53 reviews )

My XMAS gift to me!
By TLR

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

I just drove my first Echo home! I bought it for $300 because it had a fender-bender and the driver-side strut was bent. I'll repair tomorrow for about $70! So much cheaper than my 1990 F-150. I rated it all excellent expecting great things from this car. The last small car I had was a 1986 Nissan Sentra. It was a fantastic car other than the rear wheels leaned in (weird camber design). With the way economy is going I am just so darn happy now to be a member of the Echo Family!

Best Car This Family Has Owned!
By Jason

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

I forced my husband to purchase this car after many Fords and a variety of other American cars. The car will not die! It does leak oil after 130K miles! No smoke from the tailpipe. No major repairs just the brakes and oil. Just the maintenance. I love this car and right now with gas prices at $4 we cannot be happier!

Keeps going and going
By Scott

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in October 1999 and it is still running well. Besides regular maintenance, battery, and tires there were 2 sensors that went bad but other than those minor things it has been perfect. The gas mileage is close to that of the top hybrids.

Gas mileage close to that of the top hybrids. Storage pockets and roomy trunk are a plus. You don't sink down in the seat - you are sitting up higher than you would expect.

No complaints - just wish the driver's side had more leg room. That is my fault for being tall. Outstanding job Toyota!

Best Car Ever
By Love my ECHO SF CA!

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 green 4 door Echo with only 15 miles on it. The car is simple, economical, and extremely reliable. Of all the car that I have owned, the Toyota ECHO is my favorite car.

I really like the simple design of the car. I like the hand crank windows. I like manual door locks. I love the location of the dash board and controls. Simple means less things to go wrong. The ECHO is great at the gas pump.

Best Vehicle I've ever owned
By JDR

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've had no problems with this car at all. I replaced two sensors over 101,100 miles other than that the car is nearly flawless, comfortable even for tall people like myself. The dash board design is simple and easy to view. The stereo system is outstanding with six speakers. The gas mileage is phenomenal. I've owned many cars and this is by far one of the cheapest, fun to drive, and above all else reliable. Low maintenance costs. I can't say enough about this car except that I'd buy another one if they still made them.

My favorite feature is the surprising head and leg room as well as the stereo system. It also has surprising acceleration.

It could be quieter. You can definitely hear the road and wind.