2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (53 reviews )
ECHO ECHo ECho Echo
By ECHO ECHo ECho Echo on 02/01/06 22:27 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

I really enjoy my Echo! Its a fabulously cute car and all of my college friends love it! I would definitely recommend the Echo to a chic, young person! Its just almost too perfect! Beep! Beep!

I love this car!
By Rachel on 11/05/05 20:33 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

I love my Echo. It has been a great car. I haven't had any problems with it even after I hit a deer! I always recommend this car.

I love this car
By cassandral on 10/19/05 16:22 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 114k miles. It is my first car and its perfect for me. I was shocked at how much room there is inside-it looks so tiny from outside. Im 5'9" and I never have enough leg room in my moms car-2000 Dodge Neon. In my Echo I actually had to move the seat up so I was closer to the wheel! But yet its also small enough that I can park literally anywhere. It handles really nicely on hills and on curves, and barely takes any time to accelerate. The trunk is huge and has a really cute secret compartment with the jack. I havent had this car very long so I dont know about the reliability, but the dealer gave me a free 3year warranty b/c even he knows nothing will go wrong!

Echo ROCKS
By Echoluvver on 10/13/05 12:48 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have owned over 40 cars, and this Echo is one of the absolute best when ALL factors are considered. I used to drive 25,000 a year and have had big luxury cars that were great, but this little sucker is what a car should be. Fun, cheeky, economical, and reliable -it's a Toyota. I have the hatchback and love the look of it, too. All around its a blast. The seats could be improved but thats it really. ECHO FOREVER

2000 Echo, loving it
By Al on 09/25/05 14:11 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car for my son in May 2005 with 88000 miles on it and have since added 6000 miles without any troubles. It's a solid little car which gets excellent mpg. With the price of gas going high, I was lucky to pick this up.

I'm keeping it
By farmlassie on 08/31/05 00:05 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is absolutely wonderful! I have loved it from the day I bought it. We have had 3 minivans since we bought this car and I still prefer my ECHO. It is effected by the wind, but it is well worth it. With the price of gas it is a real asset to own. I would buy it again if I needed another car. It isn't the most comfortable on long trips, especially not having a right-arm rest for the driver. The safety is greatly appreciated.

Love my echo!
By Karen on 07/10/05 12:01 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

I love this car! I got it the first year it was out. I had original tires on it until I replaced them a few weeks ago. So, that was 5 years and the only reason that I did it was that Michelin had a sale.

Loving it
By SCOTT on 03/21/05 19:12 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

I cannot say enough about how I feel about this car . One word says it best, great. I love everything about it, from its storage withen to its 40 mpg. We live a couple of hours from Charlette NC and have taken our Echo at least 7 times not to mention a couple of trips to Tenn. and S.C. My wife is now saying that she is going to start to drive it to work because of gas prices. I usually fill it up every 2 weeks sometimes longer. When we bought it, it had 39k now we are at about 50k and still going strong.

Why are they discontinuing this model?
By tularoo on 02/07/05 10:07 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

We bought this car after graduating from college -- it was the only new car we could afford, and it met my strict retentive guidelines (safety, gas mileage, low cost of ownership). This car has been fantastic. It's survived a move to Vermont (think mountains), which is pretty good for a little 1.5 liter engine. Perhaps the most impressive in the gas mileage -- 40mpg highway. You can barely get that in a hybird car. The car is also well laid-out, with plenty of headroom for our 6' tall friend. I do my own synthetic oil changes, and that engine runs like the day it came off the lot. The CD player recently died, and the air intake had to be replaced. Other than that, smooth sailing!

Excellent car
By xepathfinder95 on 10/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

our 2000 model now has 85,000 miles on it and it still runs as good as new and has only needed a set of tires and that is it. Over 40 mpg on the highway even in 95 degree heat , going 85 with the AC on high and 3 people and luggage. In the low to mid 30's in stop and go driving, never have we averaged less than 30 mpg. Decent stereo and pretty confortable, makes a great commuter car. Oddly it cost more to insure than our 2002 4x4 Nissan Xterra.