2000 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:
Best Vehicle I've ever owned
By JDR on 08/15/07 12:16 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I've had no problems with this car at all. I replaced two sensors over 101,100 miles other than that the car is nearly flawless, comfortable even for tall people like myself. The dash board design is simple and easy to view. The stereo system is outstanding with six speakers. The gas mileage is phenomenal. I've owned many cars and this is by far one of the cheapest, fun to drive, and above all else reliable. Low maintenance costs. I can't say enough about this car except that I'd buy another one if they still made them.

Echo's got Zoom
By wasabiJo on 04/29/07 12:58 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe

My little red Echo spoils me - incredible fuel economy, roomy interior, peppy attitude, and very durable (mine has been rebuilt twice from two accidents - I just didn't want to get rid of it). I've used mine for zipping around town and cross-country trips (over 2,000 miles at a time), and hauling my junk to and from colleges for years. My friends (and some mechanics) think I'm nuts when I say I plan to run this car into the ground before I buy another one. As long as you keep up with the regular maintenance, nothing short of a collision with a semi will destroy it.

Little Tank
By Jonathan on 04/03/07 11:31 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I have owned my Echo for 7 yrs and it is the best car I have owned. I have had this car where trucks have been stuck and it still keeps going in the snow. Seven years and 195000 kms later with proper maintenance all I have had to do is doughnut gasket struts and brakes once.

Good for Gas Mileage
By AJ on 02/19/07 11:06 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe

The Toyota Echo is gets really good gas mileage and it has a lot more trunk space than you would expect.

I love this car
By Echo lady on 01/22/07 14:19 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe

I bought my car new in 2000 and have been very happy with it ever since. Have had oil and fluids changed regularly. Had timing belt and tires replaced. Otherwise, no problems. Always starts right up.

Echo life
By Angry Qt on 10/16/06 04:58 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

This week I ended my affair with my 2000 Toyota Echo due to a collision, the car was totaled. It sustained front and rear damage and left me completely umharmed. By far this is the best car I have ever owned and I would recommend this car to anyone wanting a reliable car that is good on gas. Unfortunately I only owned the car for a year, but in that year the only repair I had were replacing the O2 sensor and the funny check engine light problem that was simply foxed by pulling a fuse out for 30 secs.

Unbelievable for the price
By Carole on 06/21/06 04:47 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe

I've had my Toyota Echo for about 3 years now and still just absolutely love it. I've had no mechanical problems. I especially love the interior design. And the gas mileage is awesome. I also like the way the car sits a little higher than most cars... protects the muffler. Its such a perfect little car, I wouldn't hestitate to buy it again.

Love it!
By vdurbin on 05/08/06 10:28 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I have had my Echo for 6 years. I am about to trade it in so I can have room for my son's car seat. I will miss it dearly! I have had no major problems. I just replaced the original battery. It still gets good gas mileage!

GREAT LITTLE CAR.....
By DENISE on 03/12/06 07:56 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe

Bought my car brand new five years ago...just love it...love that it is compact and an easy car to drive and manage. And of course the savings in gas money...cost me now with the high price in gas approx. $40 - 50 a month...have had no problems mechanically until recent...the fuel injector went and the sensors...was surprised since the car has such low mileage. Was disappointed about that, cost me 600 to fix. Other than that I still have the original battery and just finished replacing the 4th original tire, which I do say, hugs the road better.

Bad car
By Toni on 02/25/06 22:13 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I have had my echo since jan 1 2006 and I bought it with 75000 miles on it it seemed like it would be a good little car to get around in. But I have had nothing but trouble with it within a week the engine light came on so took it in and got that fixed and two days later the engine light comes back on it it keep jumping and jerking while I drive it so I had to get that fixed and a week after that something else went wrong..I have had to have it towed 5 times since I bought it..