Used 2000 Toyota ECHO Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:

I just love this car!
By S. Bay

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

This car has been the best performing car I have ever owned, and has great gas mileage (almost equal to a hybrid).

The feature I love the most about this car is the placement of the odometer and gauges. They are centered in the middle of the dash in a console slightly angled toward the driver. Since I am 5'4, I do not have to look through the steering wheel to see the gauges, plus extra storage under dash.

Go ECHO Go
By Speedy

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I got this little car from my mom (she got it new) in Oct of 1999. She loved it, and drove it 180000 mi. with NO problems. Now I have it and WOW! 41 mpg AVG. and it's AUTO, and it flies. This is my 5th Toyota and maybe the best one.

Space and power, GAS!

Bad in the wind!

Too good to be true
By John Green

2000 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe

I bought my "new" echo with 195k miles this year, it drives perfect. It's the second echo I own. I still regret that I sold my first one to my friend. I made 10k in about 5 months and have nothing to complain about. I'm a mechanic and I would recommend it to everybody. I drive mostly in city and get 36 mpg. Highway around 44 mpg. It's the most reliable car you can get for your money. I bet it can last more than 300k miles (I will try it). I still have original clutch with over 200k, no leaks at all. First it was ugly but now it's a pretty nice car, it takes time to get used to it. :)

Economy, reliability, interior space. I just love it.

Can't kill this car!
By kosarin

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

Bought new in 2000. Other than initial problem w/o2 sensor, have had almost no repairs. Keep thinking of buying a new car but why bother?

Simple, reliable, good view of road, great mileage.

Slightly wider tires would make it handle better. Clock and intermittent wipers should be standard items.

My XMAS gift to me!
By TLR

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I just drove my first Echo home! I bought it for $300 because it had a fender-bender and the driver-side strut was bent. I'll repair tomorrow for about $70! So much cheaper than my 1990 F-150. I rated it all excellent expecting great things from this car. The last small car I had was a 1986 Nissan Sentra. It was a fantastic car other than the rear wheels leaned in (weird camber design). With the way economy is going I am just so darn happy now to be a member of the Echo Family!