2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (53 reviews )
My XMAS gift to me!
By TLR on 12/04/08 18:00 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

I just drove my first Echo home! I bought it for $300 because it had a fender-bender and the driver-side strut was bent. I'll repair tomorrow for about $70! So much cheaper than my 1990 F-150. I rated it all excellent expecting great things from this car. The last small car I had was a 1986 Nissan Sentra. It was a fantastic car other than the rear wheels leaned in (weird camber design). With the way economy is going I am just so darn happy now to be a member of the Echo Family!

Best Car This Family Has Owned!
By Jason on 06/01/08 10:35 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

I forced my husband to purchase this car after many Fords and a variety of other American cars. The car will not die! It does leak oil after 130K miles! No smoke from the tailpipe. No major repairs just the brakes and oil. Just the maintenance. I love this car and right now with gas prices at $4 we cannot be happier!

Keeps going and going
By Scott on 04/23/08 13:18 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in October 1999 and it is still running well. Besides regular maintenance, battery, and tires there were 2 sensors that went bad but other than those minor things it has been perfect. The gas mileage is close to that of the top hybrids.

Best Car Ever
By Love my ECHO SF CA! on 04/16/08 01:37 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 green 4 door Echo with only 15 miles on it. The car is simple, economical, and extremely reliable. Of all the car that I have owned, the Toyota ECHO is my favorite car.

Best Vehicle I've ever owned
By JDR on 08/15/07 12:16 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've had no problems with this car at all. I replaced two sensors over 101,100 miles other than that the car is nearly flawless, comfortable even for tall people like myself. The dash board design is simple and easy to view. The stereo system is outstanding with six speakers. The gas mileage is phenomenal. I've owned many cars and this is by far one of the cheapest, fun to drive, and above all else reliable. Low maintenance costs. I can't say enough about this car except that I'd buy another one if they still made them.

Little Tank
By Jonathan on 04/03/07 11:31 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have owned my Echo for 7 yrs and it is the best car I have owned. I have had this car where trucks have been stuck and it still keeps going in the snow. Seven years and 195000 kms later with proper maintenance all I have had to do is doughnut gasket struts and brakes once.

Echo life
By Angry Qt on 10/16/06 04:58 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

This week I ended my affair with my 2000 Toyota Echo due to a collision, the car was totaled. It sustained front and rear damage and left me completely umharmed. By far this is the best car I have ever owned and I would recommend this car to anyone wanting a reliable car that is good on gas. Unfortunately I only owned the car for a year, but in that year the only repair I had were replacing the O2 sensor and the funny check engine light problem that was simply foxed by pulling a fuse out for 30 secs.

Love it!
By vdurbin on 05/08/06 10:28 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have had my Echo for 6 years. I am about to trade it in so I can have room for my son's car seat. I will miss it dearly! I have had no major problems. I just replaced the original battery. It still gets good gas mileage!

Bad car
By Toni on 02/25/06 22:13 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have had my echo since jan 1 2006 and I bought it with 75000 miles on it it seemed like it would be a good little car to get around in. But I have had nothing but trouble with it within a week the engine light came on so took it in and got that fixed and two days later the engine light comes back on it it keep jumping and jerking while I drive it so I had to get that fixed and a week after that something else went wrong..I have had to have it towed 5 times since I bought it..

the best
By zaatsy on 02/15/06 17:16 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

My Echo is best car I have ever owned. Totally reliable. 6 years and 192000 miles driven & all I have had to replace is a thermostat. I do keep on top of the maintenance. The inside is so roomy I don't feel I am in a small car until I see another Echo. The sound system is excellent. I would have preferred a little more body style and would have loved it if I could ever have achieved the milage of 43 mpg mentioned on the sticker. Small cars usually have no "get up and go" but the peppiness of the Echo is incredibly impressive. I love my car so much I wanted to purchase another. I was devastated when I found them dropped from the line.