Used 2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (53 reviews )

Best by Far
By vuduthmb

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

I'm 57, and I have owned many cars. Nothing even comes close to the Echo. Ten years old, and still getting gas mileage close to a hybrid. Just change the oil and tires, it just keeps going.

I'm a big guy, and this is by far the most comfortable car I've ever owned. The interior design is perfect, with the off set, highly visible speedometer. Lots of head and leg room. Many little compartments and storage spaces, good cup holders.

A hot tub and a wet bar.

I LOVE this car
By Ronnie

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

It gets good mileage, average of 36 mpg, and it handles well for a small car. It's comfortable, though I find my shoulder hurting after sitting in it too long since I'm 6'1 and the armrest on the door isn't quite high enough to sit without slouching. The only problems so far are a catalytic converter and a charcoal canister. The Catalytic Converter was replaced at 79,000 and now needs it again at 90,000, that's a major expense only 11,000 miles apart. I do love this car, so hopefully once its catalytic converter is fixed it will be back to its excellent driving condition. The Toyota dealership was happy to see it and told me they are the best of the used Toyotas out there.

MILEAGE!!! It almost competes with hybrids. Room to move, being 6'1 there's plenty of room in there for me, other people are surprised when they get in about the amount of space since it looks like such a small car from the outside. Nice sound system. VERY reliable, I plan to drive it forever.

Car feels like it's going to be pushed into other lanes in high winds. A wider opening between back seat and trunk to put things through the fold down seat.

I just love this car!
By S. Bay

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car has been the best performing car I have ever owned, and has great gas mileage (almost equal to a hybrid).

The feature I love the most about this car is the placement of the odometer and gauges. They are centered in the middle of the dash in a console slightly angled toward the driver. Since I am 5'4, I do not have to look through the steering wheel to see the gauges, plus extra storage under dash.

Go ECHO Go
By Speedy

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

I got this little car from my mom (she got it new) in Oct of 1999. She loved it, and drove it 180000 mi. with NO problems. Now I have it and WOW! 41 mpg AVG. and it's AUTO, and it flies. This is my 5th Toyota and maybe the best one.

Space and power, GAS!

Bad in the wind!

Can't kill this car!
By kosarin

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought new in 2000. Other than initial problem w/o2 sensor, have had almost no repairs. Keep thinking of buying a new car but why bother?

Simple, reliable, good view of road, great mileage.

Slightly wider tires would make it handle better. Clock and intermittent wipers should be standard items.