2000 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:
I just love this car!
By S. Bay on 09/23/09 11:42 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

This car has been the best performing car I have ever owned, and has great gas mileage (almost equal to a hybrid).

Go ECHO Go
By Speedy on 09/09/09 12:25 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I got this little car from my mom (she got it new) in Oct of 1999. She loved it, and drove it 180000 mi. with NO problems. Now I have it and WOW! 41 mpg AVG. and it's AUTO, and it flies. This is my 5th Toyota and maybe the best one.

Too good to be true
By John Green on 08/01/09 22:25 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe

I bought my "new" echo with 195k miles this year, it drives perfect. It's the second echo I own. I still regret that I sold my first one to my friend. I made 10k in about 5 months and have nothing to complain about. I'm a mechanic and I would recommend it to everybody. I drive mostly in city and get 36 mpg. Highway around 44 mpg. It's the most reliable car you can get for your money. I bet it can last more than 300k miles (I will try it). I still have original clutch with over 200k, no leaks at all. First it was ugly but now it's a pretty nice car, it takes time to get used to it. :)

Can't kill this car!
By kosarin on 02/19/09 14:09 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

Bought new in 2000. Other than initial problem w/o2 sensor, have had almost no repairs. Keep thinking of buying a new car but why bother?

My XMAS gift to me!
By TLR on 12/04/08 18:00 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I just drove my first Echo home! I bought it for $300 because it had a fender-bender and the driver-side strut was bent. I'll repair tomorrow for about $70! So much cheaper than my 1990 F-150. I rated it all excellent expecting great things from this car. The last small car I had was a 1986 Nissan Sentra. It was a fantastic car other than the rear wheels leaned in (weird camber design). With the way economy is going I am just so darn happy now to be a member of the Echo Family!

Awesome little car!
By dimples on 08/05/08 13:44 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe

I love this car and have had it for 8 yrs with no problems. I only had to change the tires and oil. Make a great product and then discontinue it! Makes sense. Why in the world did Toyota do this! I am going out to buy a newer Toyota Echo with less mileage and run it to death like this one.

Best Car This Family Has Owned!
By Jason on 06/01/08 10:35 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I forced my husband to purchase this car after many Fords and a variety of other American cars. The car will not die! It does leak oil after 130K miles! No smoke from the tailpipe. No major repairs just the brakes and oil. Just the maintenance. I love this car and right now with gas prices at $4 we cannot be happier!

Keeps going and going
By Scott on 04/23/08 13:18 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in October 1999 and it is still running well. Besides regular maintenance, battery, and tires there were 2 sensors that went bad but other than those minor things it has been perfect. The gas mileage is close to that of the top hybrids.

Best Car Ever
By Love my ECHO SF CA! on 04/16/08 01:37 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 green 4 door Echo with only 15 miles on it. The car is simple, economical, and extremely reliable. Of all the car that I have owned, the Toyota ECHO is my favorite car.

A Face Only An Owner Could Love
By Autooracle on 11/04/07 18:40 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe

The design of this car is nothing short of sheer comedy. Powertrain: excellent: peppy, great mileage, idles smoother than my Mercedes. I literally get over 35 mpg with combination driving 40 mpg highway. Great car, especially for someone in the used car market who seeks reliable economy. As long as they are able to overlook quirky styling, they are set for miles reliable driving. Car also has a timing chain instead of a timing belt which is great for overall maintenance, or lack of.