1991 Toyota Cressida Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic - (14 reviews )
Best car ever made!
By Krysia on 07/09/10 05:13 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Cressida Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is the best car ever made! My mechanic says the engine should get 500,000 miles. I've had work done at 210,000 miles, ac compressor, water pump, oil lines cleaned, etc. It is not good in snow if you are in traffic, but great if you are alone on the roads or people are traveling over 10 mph. (I've never understood the 4 wheel drivers or front wheel drivers who drive 5 mph in snow.)

Best buy luxury in Australia
By 7mge on 04/07/10 09:35 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Cressida Sedan 4dr Sedan

Ive now owned my Cressida for 2 years and it is as smooth and responsive as when I first got it. I bought it for 3200 with 100000 km on the clock, man what a car! I wouldn't sell it for any amount. Its the most comfortable yet powerful car Ive ever been in and I've worked with cars for years. It's like an $80,000 Benz with Toyota badging and I got one for just over 3 grand! Go figure! All I can say is thanks for depreciation because I couldn't have paid $40,000 for this car back in '91 in a million years, It's still worth 40,000 in my eyes. It's made me realize that no car is worth the money they ask for them new. The cressida was ahead of its time and no one could afford them back in '91.

Parts available everywhere
By Oscar Jiménez on 10/08/09 13:03 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Cressida Sedan 4dr Sedan

I recently purchased my cressida 91 from a friend. At first the car didn't run well. I took it to the mechanic who performed a tune up and also replaced the spark plug wires. After that I found the car runs great. It has great brakes, strong A/C, good gas economy, electric external mirrors. My family loves the interior because of its comfort.

love my cressida
By cress91* on 03/18/09 07:31 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Cressida Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought it in 92, still driving it. Took it to a mechanic at Irving, tx and quite sure, he traded the outside grille to a cheap plastic grille. Can someone verify if the original grille is metal? I remember polishing the metal t logo. All in all, one of best cars I ever owned.

ICON
By car dude on 08/20/08 23:02 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Cressida Sedan 4dr Sedan

Ive looked into these cars with university student like research intent and have found them to be faultless on most parts. This would have to be the best car ever made as a mid priced mass produced vehicle. The overall design is impeccable with seals for everything - no wonder it's so quiet. Sound proofing rivaled by no other! Engine performance is more than adequate. This thing scares me when under full throttle - the engine gets angry and slings you forward at pace with an aggressive rumble (while still trying to maintain smooth gear transitions). Aside from that it's so quiet I think it's cut out. Handles exceptionally well for its build-body roll can be sea-sickening. Awesome machine.

Fantastic Car
By Tmcd on 10/31/05 23:51 PM (PST)

1991 Toyota Cressida Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've had my Cressida for 2 years. It has been nothing but a joy to own. The fuel economy is decent, 190hp gives you enough punch to go and the rid quality is superb. Cruises at 80 under 3k RPM's. Top notch quality all around, truly a "near lexus" car. If you take care of this car it will take care of you and move you comfortabley and safely from point A to point B for much longer than you would like ;).

My favorite
By Jay on 04/03/05 17:32 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Cressida Sedan 4dr Sedan

This has been my favorite car, ever. It was my first luxury car. I have had very little trouble with it (air conditioner, speedometer). The handling is precise, mainly because of the rear-wheel drive. The engine is strong, smooth and super reliable. After driving this car for 14 years, I really have nothing bad to say about it, only good. I would have gladly bought another one, except that they changed the name to Lexus GS and doubled the price!

Cressida is awesome.
By Chrono on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Cressida Sedan 4dr Sedan

Toyota Cressidas' are great and reliable cars. Have had this car for 12 years and only now am I starting to notice some problems. Course, with any other 12+ year old cars, they tend to have wear and tear. The air conditioner seems to be broken and the right rear door seems to make a strange buzzing sound whenever the car unlocks. Other than that, this car is a champ and I am very very happy with it.

THE BEST LUXURY SEDAN!
By TOYOTA Cressida on 06/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Cressida Sedan 4dr Sedan

The Cressida is the top of the line Sedan all over the world. You have to give it credit because it was built in 1991. So having a combo of CD, Cassete, and AM/FM is a beautiful car. It was popular for its modern features at the time. Besides I wouldn't sell my car for even A MILLION $. I drive it ruf and soft and its still in beautiful shape. The bumpers are very impresive with there sturdiness. I once came close to a headon collision when the ford pickup swerved it ramed the pickup causing it to roll over and over. I had to get the bumper repainted because it did peel the paint. Thats STRONG!

My Toyota Cressida
By geotoyota@hotmail.co on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Cressida Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have never owned a car as well made, and as reliable as this one. The acceleration is fantastic for a 3400 pound car. I wish they never stopped making it!