Used 1991 Toyota Cressida Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Toyota Cressida Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic - (14 reviews )

Best car ever made!
By Krysia

1991 Toyota Cressida Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is the best car ever made! My mechanic says the engine should get 500,000 miles. I've had work done at 210,000 miles, ac compressor, water pump, oil lines cleaned, etc. It is not good in snow if you are in traffic, but great if you are alone on the roads or people are traveling over 10 mph. (I've never understood the 4 wheel drivers or front wheel drivers who drive 5 mph in snow.)

Since this is rear wheel drive, it is a great car for long trips. It is smooth and handles extremely well. It is solid and quiet. No rattles, wind noise, nor road noise. It easily gets 26 mpg highway and 22 in city even after 219,000 miles.

I have had 2 Cressidas, a 1990 and 1991. I would have loved to find a 1992. In both cars, the driver's carpet wore a spot over a curve in the floor pan; very near the seat on the right side. It was not from foot wear. I found it very unusual, but was able to patch.

Best buy luxury in Australia
By 7mge

1991 Toyota Cressida Sedan 4dr Sedan

Ive now owned my Cressida for 2 years and it is as smooth and responsive as when I first got it. I bought it for 3200 with 100000 km on the clock, man what a car! I wouldn't sell it for any amount. Its the most comfortable yet powerful car Ive ever been in and I've worked with cars for years. It's like an $80,000 Benz with Toyota badging and I got one for just over 3 grand! Go figure! All I can say is thanks for depreciation because I couldn't have paid $40,000 for this car back in '91 in a million years, It's still worth 40,000 in my eyes. It's made me realize that no car is worth the money they ask for them new. The cressida was ahead of its time and no one could afford them back in '91.

ride quality and smoothness. Power and power options. Seat comfort, like my lounge room on wheels. Suspension soaks up any hit from the road-drive it anywhere without worrying about clearance. Solid door bonnet and boot fit and air tight seals. Transmission is seamless even under throttle. Awesome

Lower to the ground suspension-maybe 3 inches, just for aerodynamics.

Parts available everywhere
By Oscar Jiménez

1991 Toyota Cressida Sedan 4dr Sedan

I recently purchased my cressida 91 from a friend. At first the car didn't run well. I took it to the mechanic who performed a tune up and also replaced the spark plug wires. After that I found the car runs great. It has great brakes, strong A/C, good gas economy, electric external mirrors. My family loves the interior because of its comfort.

Strong A/C. The engine runs the with A/C than without it.

Air bags would be a plus. Wood simulated front panel.

love my cressida
By cress91*

1991 Toyota Cressida Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought it in 92, still driving it. Took it to a mechanic at Irving, tx and quite sure, he traded the outside grille to a cheap plastic grille. Can someone verify if the original grille is metal? I remember polishing the metal t logo. All in all, one of best cars I ever owned.

Comfort, solid, safety features, quiet running engine.

ICON
By car dude

1991 Toyota Cressida Sedan 4dr Sedan

Ive looked into these cars with university student like research intent and have found them to be faultless on most parts. This would have to be the best car ever made as a mid priced mass produced vehicle. The overall design is impeccable with seals for everything - no wonder it's so quiet. Sound proofing rivaled by no other! Engine performance is more than adequate. This thing scares me when under full throttle - the engine gets angry and slings you forward at pace with an aggressive rumble (while still trying to maintain smooth gear transitions). Aside from that it's so quiet I think it's cut out. Handles exceptionally well for its build-body roll can be sea-sickening. Awesome machine.

Racing engine, interior comfort, engine very quiet and smooth, cruise control, climate control, indestructible interior, has good body curves-good for 10 more years, rust proofing has ensured this car is still immac, door, boot, bonnet, light, button seals, seals everywhere-awesome. Quality- amazing!

Less body roll cornering, needs to sit lower to the road with a more stiff response when cornering. You cannot improve too much on this car.