Used 1990 Toyota Cressida Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Toyota Cressida - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic - (13 reviews )

Best Cat I Ever Owned!
By pakamac

1990 Toyota Cressida 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as an insurance write- off. It had been front-ended and subsequently rebuilt. After checking with the body shop (who supplied me with the maintenance records from day 1) I realized theat Cressidas were built like tanks! Controls felt like new (35000 km on car). Nice surprise - newer motor with 50000 km installed when car rebuilt. This car was to have been just a "beater" until we could afford something better for wife but has become primary transportation and will be restored to as new over next couple of years. If you find a good 1998-91 Cressida at any price, BUY IT! You won't be disappointed.

-The poor man's Lexus - all the toys without the price tag. -Corners on rails! -Lots of trunk space -Timeless styling, still looks modern. -People s-t themselves when they found out how little I paid for it!

Need a better sound system, the original Panasonis one sucks big time - very quirky and only works intermittently.

Valuable car
By WMS

1990 Toyota Cressida 4dr Sedan

I owned a Toyota Cressida for almost 2 years and I think it is a very good cruising car. Drive it carefully, use premium gas and get the maintenance jobs done in time, that's important. Head gasked failure can possibly be avoided by retorquing the head bolts. The car has a pretty good mileage for a V-6 engine (up to 30 mpg on the highway) and good performance. It shifts very smoothly and has a very good suspension. I wouldn't recommend the car for very tall persons.

Quiet engine, very good steering, body doesn't rust at all and powered elements keep in good shape.

I wish they still made them
By montanawarm

1990 Toyota Cressida 4dr Sedan

Actually I own a '85 Cressida. Purchased new from Dealer. Best car I have ever owned, bar none. Still driving it with 218,000 miles. Hasn't been tuned-up in 6 years & still running like a top. Interior, is worn out though - Leather just does not hold- up.If I could find another Cressida, I would buy immediately!

Depensability & on the road performance

Make them more available.

The Lexus before Lexus
By 90Cressida

1990 Toyota Cressida 4dr Sedan

We had this car since it was new, and it still runs great. As long as you keep up with the maintenance, the car will give you great cruising comfort. Last TOYOTA 4 door with an Inline 6 and Rear wheel drive.

Good passing power, very quiet even now at 132,000 miles.

More Power would be nice.

a nice car