Used 1990 Toyota Cressida Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Toyota Cressida - Consumer Reviews

1990 Toyota Cressida

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic - (13 reviews )

Most Helpful|
Valuable car
By WMS

1990 Toyota Cressida 4dr Sedan

I owned a Toyota Cressida for almost 2 years and I think it is a very good cruising car. Drive it carefully, use premium gas and get the maintenance jobs done in time, that's important. Head gasked failure can possibly be avoided by retorquing the head bolts. The car has a pretty good mileage for a V-6 engine (up to 30 mpg on the highway) and good performance. It shifts very smoothly and has a very good suspension. I wouldn't recommend the car for very tall persons.

Favorite Features

Quiet engine, very good steering, body doesn't rust at all and powered elements keep in good shape.

Many Years of Reliability
By card

1990 Toyota Cressida 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new, and it has been a pleasure to own for fourteen years. It remains good looking to me despite the years, and I still find it fun to drive, as it is quiet and handles very well. It has been very reliable, with the possible exception of the need to replace the air-conditioning evaporator, although that might be effect of the South Florida climate more than anything else, as I had the same problem with several other cars I have owned here. I can't really bring myself to get rid of this car.

Favorite Features

Quiet ride and comfortable size. Decent milage and reliability. Looks.

Suggested Improvements

A little late for improvement at its age, but the only thing that comes to mind is that the headlights don't light up the road far enough ahead. Also a slight whistle around the driver's side mirror.

This car is worth buying and keeping
By Chris Johnston

1990 Toyota Cressida 4dr Sedan

If you want a car that can take a hit and still get you to the market this is the one. I've have seen what this car can take first hand and it's a lot. I got this car and thought it was ugly at first then after spending countless hours cleaning and detailing it, putting rims and tires, tinting the windows and lowering it, it was turning heads right and left. People would come up to me and ask what kind of car was it? I'd just smile and tell them and they get a puzzled look on their face. It's a what? Toyota Cressida what that? It would take about 10 min to explain to them.

Favorite Features

Comfort in the driving. Knowing where you point the car is where it's going. Disc brakes on all 4 corners. There not enough space on this page to tell you all the good points; when you own one you'll find out for yourself.

Suggested Improvements

I'm 6'3 and could use a little more leg room not much more but another 2 inches would be great. Still it give you a comfortable ride after hours behind the wheel.

Nice For a First Car
By Spudmhan

1990 Toyota Cressida 4dr Sedan

Nice car. Had every thing an 18 year old speed demon needed to be happy. Unfortunately, I was too much of a speed demon and wrapped myself around a telephone pole. Car got toasted, but I survived. All hail Toyota!

Favorite Features

-Stereo -Overdrive -Soft seats

Suggested Improvements

-Gas mileage (21 mpg @ 55 mph) -Air conditioning -Alternator (Dead @ 152,000) -Power steering pump

I wish they still made them
By montanawarm

1990 Toyota Cressida 4dr Sedan

Actually I own a '85 Cressida. Purchased new from Dealer. Best car I have ever owned, bar none. Still driving it with 218,000 miles. Hasn't been tuned-up in 6 years & still running like a top. Interior, is worn out though - Leather just does not hold- up.If I could find another Cressida, I would buy immediately!

Favorite Features

Depensability & on the road performance

Suggested Improvements

Make them more available.