2015 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Slick commuter
By Eddie Peoples

2015 Toyota Corolla Sedan L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I commute 42 miles to work with a mix of traffic , interstate, four lane w/stop lights and two lane roads . Many people shy away from manual transmission , that's what makes this car come to life! I do a lot of driving in the NC mountains for my job, and this car responds beautifully. I got the most basic model possible as they shared most of the same features the more expensive models do engine/transmission. This car zips up and around curvy mountains with relative ease. The handling is very good . The brakes could be a little better. The quality of materials used in the car could be better . My bumper was tapped by another car, as we were both backing up at a VERY slow speed ( it was like slow motion ).Put a nice size softball size dent in my bumper and caused the trunk to separate from the bumper . No estimate yet to be done in the next week. I enjoy driving my car , lots of fun with the manual transmission

Great commuter car with issues.
By elliska7

2015 Toyota Corolla Sedan S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Pros:
- great gas mileage (I'm getting 35MPG with mostly highway miles)
- entertainment console is easy to use even while in motion
- small, sporty family car

Cons:
- way too small for anyone 6' or taller (I fit but commonly have to bend my legs and constantly be moving or my legs go numb, and a hard time getting in/out of the car)
- also way too small for a family size larger than 2 (with my infant in her rear facing carseat behind the passenger seat my wife cannot fit due to height, she still has to sit behind the drivers seat to have any room)
- this car's steering/handling is worst of any car I have ever owned (driving at highway speeds the car floats, it drives in a straight line but the body/suspension/frame are constantly pulling to the left or right. This motion causes me to constantly have to pull the car one way or the other. I have had to deal with 3-4 service appointments where I was told that "this was the issue" or "that was the issue". First time they told me the front tires had too much of a toe so they completed a four wheel alignment. Didn't fix the issue. Brought it in again and they replaced the rear axle beam. No fix. This last time, they told me nothing was wrong and that is "just how the Corolla handles.")
- during snow, rain, or wind you might as well leave the car in the garage and walk to work (with any sort of wind, at all, the car is pushed around as if I was driving a skateboard, snow or rain is dangerous in this car)

Overall:
I'm looking for a new car, ASAP. I may even try to lemon this thing.

Compromise
By Noemi

2015 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

My son insisted I get a Toyota. Within two weeks after getting my 2015 Toyota corolla, my lower body began to experience discomfort and pain. After a month of driving my car I visited my chiropractor and explained to him that since I purchased my car (never told him what I purchased) I have been having hip, knee and ankle/foot issues. He asked me "did you buy a Toyota? My eyes got big because I knew this was the problem I just did not know what was causing the problem exactly. He said the seats do not have the support the body need to function well. Getting out of my car feels like I am an 80 year old woman. I am still having issues and what is most interesting, my son also purchased a 2015 Toyota as I did and is having the same issues. This is the biggest regret when purchasing a car. I like to say I love my car but I do not. It is a pretty car no doubt. By the way, we are not the only ones having these issues and now that you know my experience you will probably realize that the pain and discomfort you are feeling came from driving your Toyota...at least a corolla! Yes, I am looking into trading this virus in.

Toyota compromised comfort for looks.

Fast for its class, not comfortable
By Steven Bradley

2015 Toyota Corolla Sedan S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Ride is pretty rough. Fuel mileage definitely not as advertised. If you're tall, you'll hit your head almost every time you get in. Comfortable once inside, plenty of head room, but getting out will be a challenge if you're not agile.

Uncomfortable seats
By Kim

2015 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in my 2003 Subaru Outback for a 2015 Toyota Corolla. I initially wanted another Subaru, but had to watch my budget. This is a cute little car - sleek and sporty looking. I test drove it once during the day for a short ride. I couldn't pass up the value so I bought it that day. After driving it for two weeks and adjusting the seat and steering wheel in every way possible, I couldn't prevent my back from hurting. When I called the dealer to complain, they said the seats are made more rigid now for safety to prevent whiplash. Then he offered to install lumbar support for about $400!!! That should be standard, especially if they know the seats are uncomfortable. I bought a lumbar pillow but it's bulky and uncomfortable. Also, the floor is raised where your left foot goes so it feels cramped.

I also agree with others about the line of sight for the headlights. High beams work good but you can't drive around with those on.