2014 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: Great car!

2014 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

LE Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic)

Great car!
By kfilly on

2014 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Pros: Comfortable, fuel efficient, roomy for a compact car, quiet, LED headlights are great, Entune system is easy to use/has good sound quality, back up camera, visibility, automatic climate control. Cons: Sun visor is short and does not telescope, CVT transmission is a little sluggish from a stop due to somewhat high starting ratio, not very sporty handling. I am 5'11" and I can comfortably sit in the rear seat behind where I place the driver seat. I am getting mileage slightly better than advertised on my LE. The car rides nice. Five adults for short trips only as the back seat is narrow. People over 6' will have little headroom in the rear seat.

Favorite Features

Entune radio has good sound, is easy to use/set up, and has a good display. LED headlights provide excellent illumination. Rear view camera is handy. CVT transmission is geared for high speed travel. Excellent fuel economy without the hybrid price or drawbacks.

Suggested Improvements

Increase lower gear ratio of CVT transmission to aid in acceleration from a stop. Soft touch plastic is used on the dash board, but the window sill area is hard plastic. A driver or passenger is more likely to want to rest their arm on the window sill than touch the dash board. Trunk hinges cut into storage space. Extra head room for rear seat would be nice. Engine kill for stoplights or other periods where a person has to wait.