Excellent redesign makes for a much improved Corolla!
By kirkuleez on
2014 Toyota Corolla LE Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)
I was looking to trade in my Honda Fit which I loved, for a larger, quieter, smoother riding car for my 65 mile round trip commute to work. Yet I still wanted the efficiency and reliability of the Fit. I cross shopped between the 2013 Civic and the newly designed 2014 Corolla. I initially liked the Civic better, but after driving each car again I realized how good of a job Toyota did. Advantages of the Corolla are: many more premium features for less money, better looking exterior, CVT transmission, nicer interior design with better gauges, automatic climate control, touch screen display screen, much nicer looking wheel choices, unique interior color choices, and a very quiet planted ride.
Favorite Features
LED headlights are very bright, touch screen display, bluetooth that reads your texts and e-mails to you, automatic climate control, 8 airbags, unique amber colored interior w matching accents, sporty looking design, very roomy interior w large trunk, very nice alloy wheels and foglights for only 400 dollar difference, and a smooth, comfortable, and quiet ride. Lots of features for the money. Also the back up camera with lines to guide you is a very nice feature to have in a sedan with a high decklid.
Suggested Improvements
Softer touch materials on door panels, the fake leather surrounding the shifter is difficult to clean because dust and lint collects in the creases over time, a sliding center armrest would be nice, and maybe a little more storage space up front although the glovebox is huge and there's nice storage in the armrest. None of these are even close to deal breakers and I really enjoy the car a lot!!