My first Corolla and really like it so far
By donovan1983 on
2014 Toyota Corolla LE Premium 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)
I traded in a Chevrolet Sonic for this and my fiance and I share this car. I have the "no regrets" model with the Entune system with navigation, moonroof, and keyless ignition. I've only had it a few weeks but I can definitely say I like it. What attracted me to the car in the first place is the huge number of features for the money. I also wanted a car with a CVT if I had to have an automatic. Fit and finish are excellent and above what I expected for the price. The interior is comfortable and surprisingly spacious and attractive. My fiance and I both enjoy driving it very much. It also looks great, especially in slate gray, which I thought I'd never say about a Corolla.
Favorite Features
Tons of features, too many to list. The backup camera is just amazing to have. The engine has a good amount of power and combined with the CVT there is plenty of passing and onramp acceleration power. No wind noise at all in the cabin. The automatic climate control works great and is intuitive. The Entune system with navigation works very well and I was pleasantly surprised to find it has full voice guidance and even lane guidance. The audio system also sounds quite good. The polyester pseudo-leather seating material is comfortable and easy to clean. The keyless ignition and entry works fantastic. Has a comfortable ride and also comes with very good tires.
Suggested Improvements
Automatic headlights would be nice. There isn't much for sound-dampening material so outside noise is more audible than in cars like the Chevrolet Cruze. A bit more chassis noise than expected, though it's not intrusive and is settling down. I have to slow down a bit in corners since this car is tuned for comfort, not handling. Really, I'm nitpicking at this point.