2014 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: Reliability and great looks.

2014 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

S Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic)

171,108 of 171,118 people found this review helpful
Reliability and great looks.
By caracal2 on

2014 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I'm the last person one would expect to be seen in a Corolla, but I still got one!
I shopped around and compare the Civic, the Mazda 2, 3, the Focus, the Elantra GT and the Accent.
My previous two cars were fast turbo cars with plenty of power and handling.
The Mazda 3 is definitely faster than the Corolla, and handles better.
So why did I pick the Corolla instead of the Mazda?
It felt like the most luxurious car of the bunch, with a decent ride, at a price others couldn't beat.
I have everything I always wanted in one package with the "S", no need for additional 1200 Moonroof and other expensive options.
The Mazda comes close, but it was more expensive.

Metal door handles - none of the others I compared had them!! Big touch screen with good location. Customizable LCD screen between Gauges (S Model) - I did not like Mazda's LCD placement. Sunroof LED Headlights Paddle Shifters for CVT - They work great!... A little odd when turning around a corn and requiring to shift though. Half leather interior Real Temp gauge/fuel gauge - Didn't like Mazda's digital fuel gauge and missing temp gauge. Quiet ride at highway speeds, quiet engine, only hear the wind. Cushy ride, feels like a limo! Cannot compare with the Mazda in which you feel every single bump. The Corolla absorbs most of the bumps. My passenger fell asleep on the test drive!

More horsepower.
Recommend (171,108) (10)

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review