2014 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: First Thousand Miles - Excelle

2014 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

First Thousand Miles - Excellent
By tfc4 on

2014 Toyota Corolla LE Premium 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I had a 2006 Camry SE V6 for eight years. I call my 2014 Corolla LE Premium my "mini-Camry". It's very spacious, has very comfortable seats, excellent handling (firm, but easily controlled) with high end Michelin Primacy 60K tires, very quiet overall (no wind noise), delivers 38 mpg on the high and 34 mpg in town, has excellent visibility, fit and finish. I love the instant/trip average mpg bar chart on the Infotainment Center. Bought it without the normally included moon roof and Entune radio ($2400 extra). Has surprisingly good acceleration; no problem passing anything on the road. Rear view camera is a terrific - should be on every car.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By tfc4
on 08/31/14 16:21 PM (UTC)

tfc4 update at 10,000 miles. All systems go. No issues of any kind. In my kind of driving, get 36-40 mpg! Getting my first free synthetic oil change/tire rotation/checkup next week. Much quieter car then I expected. No wind noise at highway speeds. Handling is outstanding. Very comfortable seating. Surprisingly peppy for a small 4. My 100 lb. Labrador loves the back seat and it's special cover. CVT is very smooth. Audio system excellent. I still rate it 5 *'s.

By tfc4
on 12/15/15 12:33 PM (UTC)

Update at 24,000 miles. Still trouble-free. Gas mileage still in the 36-30 range. Rattle-free and very quiet.