2014 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Corolla S Plus - Excellent Car so Far
By mitchieray on 02/15/14 05:43 AM (PST)

2014 Toyota Corolla S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Bought this 2014 Corolla S Plus in Dec 2013., I Traded in a 2010 Corolla S. I have noticed Many improvements over the 2010 Model, I really like the CVT Trans. over the Manual. I had a Manual in the 2010 and I did test the Manual in the 2014. I am very surprised at the superb acceleration of the CVT over the Manual, The Engine revs. high and stays high in the power band through all gears up to 70+ mph. It is quite impressive & fun! Don't waste your time on a Manual, get a manual trans. in a sports car with a V-8 & feel the power there. Do yourself a big favor & Test drive all the Corolla models, you will see a significant difference in Handling and performance when you get to the S & S+

2014 Toyota Corolla S Plus
By carstripper00 on 03/21/14 13:20 PM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This cars is awesome! I'm getting 31 m.p.g. in town and it is not broke in yet! I can tell you that you will be wasting your time on a Honda, Mazda, or Nissan in this group. This Corolla looks sharper and is thousands less with a back up camera. The CVT trans. is really a great invention. I have 6 speeds and you can't feel it shift. In the Sport Mode I can move the shifter over to M and Paddle shift through 6 speeds. I am so impressed with the performance and engineering of this car Im tickled to own it. The interior is well laid out and again is nicer than the other brands. The car feels very solid, go test drive one and you will be signing your name on a contract.

Quality Corolla
By timw314 on 01/22/14 12:21 PM (PST)

2014 Toyota Corolla S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Before purchasing my Corolla I test drove a Hyundai Elantra and the Mazda 3 at the same price point $21,500 . To me the 2014 Corolla has the best quality,features and styling. The dash reminds me of a 1972 Chevelle.... in a good way. I really like the Blue tooth, back up camera Sport seats are really comfortable with lots of adjustments. large sunroof. The S model wheels are awesome! The CVT trans is great on the highway. To me it accelerates strange in the city on hills. The sport mode is fun with shift points. makes it feel pretty fast. Paddle shifters? really? I probably wont use them much.

Best bang for your buck!!
By engineerc on 03/24/14 02:25 AM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla LE Eco Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car after looking at many options from: KIA, Hyundai, and Honda. I decided to go with the Corolla Eco Plus, because it seemed like the most bang for my buck. And I was right, first of all the new Corolla design is very sleek and roomy inside. Furthermore, I got this car of the MPG which is an estimated 42 MPG highway. Which I was a little skeptical about to be honest. Since that seems to be the problem many other cars and the estimated MPG. However, this is not the case with the Corolla Eco. I recently went on a 60 Mile pure highway trip, and I was extremely impressed with the MPG which was 50 MPG! I couldn't believe it. I hope this stays true for the life of the car.

My first Corolla and really like it so far
By donovan1983 on 07/09/14 06:01 AM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla LE Premium 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in a Chevrolet Sonic for this and my fiance and I share this car. I have the "no regrets" model with the Entune system with navigation, moonroof, and keyless ignition. I've only had it a few weeks but I can definitely say I like it. What attracted me to the car in the first place is the huge number of features for the money. I also wanted a car with a CVT if I had to have an automatic. Fit and finish are excellent and above what I expected for the price. The interior is comfortable and surprisingly spacious and attractive. My fiance and I both enjoy driving it very much. It also looks great, especially in slate gray, which I thought I'd never say about a Corolla.

Big Step Forward & Worth The Wait
By billbo4 on 09/11/14 22:23 PM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla LE Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

As a long time Toyota fan, I was delighted that the Corolla was seriously upgraded for 2014. I have always been impressed with the Corolla's build quality and reliability but it was in danger of being left behind in the compact car segment due to a lack of style and current technology. After trading in my 2010 S model for a new LE Plus, I could not be happier. The styling, ride, technology and interior room are greatly improved. Granted this is no sports car, but this has the quietest ride in the compact class and is as smooth as glass on the interstate at 80 mph. The CVT shifts smoothly and fuel economy is noticeably better. All of this at a better price than either Honda Civic or Mazda 3.

45,956 of 45,966 people found this review helpful
Reliability and great looks.
By caracal2 on 11/20/13 11:29 AM (PST)

2014 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I'm the last person one would expect to be seen in a Corolla, but I still got one! I shopped around and compare the Civic, the Mazda 2, 3, the Focus, the Elantra GT and the Accent. My previous two cars were fast turbo cars with plenty of power and handling. The Mazda 3 is definitely faster than the Corolla, and handles better. So why did I pick the Corolla instead of the Mazda? It felt like the most luxurious car of the bunch, with a decent ride, at a price others couldn't beat. I have everything I always wanted in one package with the "S", no need for additional 1200 Moonroof and other expensive options. The Mazda comes close, but it was more expensive.

Corolla 6-speed
By schooby on 04/18/14 17:04 PM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is an addition to my previous review. If you're looking for a sports car the 6-speed might not fit. Passing with the 6 speed can be a bit challenging, although its still capable. At 55 mph in 6th gear drop it into 4th and punch it to moderately pass on the open road. Do not challenge on coming traffic, give yourself room. When shifting from 5th into 6th ride the shifter to the far right as to not accidentally drop it back into 4th. A sloppy shift may end up going from 5th back to 4th. Also mind going from 4th to 5th as to not accidentally drop into 3rd. This advice applies to folks whom are new to driving manual transmissions, seasoned folks will not find this problem.

great daily driver
By toyotamanno1 on 11/29/14 16:04 PM (PST)

2014 Toyota Corolla LE Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This is a car that is great from getting from point A to point B, without flashiness. It works great for quick trips and longer drives. The cvt transmission takes a bit to get used to, but works fine and pulls the car up hills better than a regular automatic transmission. I have 5800 miles on the car, it has been a great car. At 5,000 miles it was .25 qt low on oil. That is within my acceptable range (80% full). I also changed the oil at the initial 5000 mile mark. The engine was broken in and i changed it with royal purple full synthetic. The broken in motor had dirtied the oil quiye a lot. At the 5,000 mile mark, it was light to medium in darkness, but drained oil was very dark.

Start with the Backseat
By leebabysimms on 12/04/14 08:56 AM (PST)

2014 Toyota Corolla S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

At 41.4 inches, the Toyota Corolla has more backseat legroom than almost any vehicle on the road not compared to just compact cars, but even large luxury cars, mini-vans, and SUVs. Sit in the backseat of the Corolla, then sit in the backseat of any other car in its price range. If you're a tall person or ever intent to transport tall people other backseats feel like a penalty box. We first discovered the 11th generation Corolla sitting in the backseat, as we were passengers in an Uber taxi. In a moment, an auto mark I ignore (Corolla) climbed to the top of my list. The handsome looks, historic reliability, insane value, and 38+ MPG on the highway are all bonus. So happy.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Toyota Corolla in VA is:

$149 per month*