2014 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Toyota fan since birth
By savannahjean12

2014 Toyota Corolla S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I just bought my 2014 Corolla S in April of 2014. Usually I hate when people write reviews with under 60,000 miles on their cars, but there's a lot to say about the Corolla, and I just can't wait! I love everything about it. The gearing system takes a little getting used to. People say that it has weak horsepower, but you just have to know how to use it. 3500+ rpm's seems to be the new "2500" that you would normally shift at. Obviously because it's brand new I haven't had any problems with it whatsoever. I do plan on writing reviews on it the longer I have it.

I love the look of the inside, mine has the little blue accent on the dashboard. It's not much but I absolutely love that little touch of color. I especially love the stock rims that come with the car, they're just gorgeous. I really like the fabric of the seats and how most of it is leather but there is some cloth to it, makes for easy cleaning. I love all the handy buttons on the steering wheel, so you don't have to divert your attention elsewhere to change the radio station or the volume.

My husband who is about 6 feet says there isn't much room for his legs in the passenger side. He feels as though the seat could go back a little farther. I however, am only 5' 2'', so I have no problems fitting into the car. I could however see that the seats would be quite uncomfortable for someone a little heavier and taller than myself. The seats kind of form to you, which for me is great! I love them! But maybe make them a little softer?

Great car for the price
By yogione75

2014 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This is my 4th Toyota and it is just what I would expect from the brand. Pros: Well equipped for price, nice ride, quiet interior, great style inside and out (never thought I would be able to say that one about a Corolla), average about 38. I don't know what folks are talking about when they say it gets bad gas milage - they must either have a lead foot or are using really cheap gas. Cons: rear hip room could be better if you have to cart 5 people around more often I would go with the Camry but 4 sit very comfortably in this car. A little under powered, buy if you are looking for more power than you likely are not shopping for a compact sedan.

Roomy and comfortable Good fuel economy Nice audio system Low cabin noise on the highway

If they could get more power out of that engine without sacrificing the mpg's too much it would be a little more fun to drive.

So far, a great experience
By jmacthethird

2014 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

So far, this has been a great vehicle! I've only had it a week but noticed gas mileage has actually been better than what's advertised on the sticker. I am averaging 30mpg combined and 40mpg average on the interstate and sometimes it goes even higher according to the gauge. I haven't seen anything below 30mpg, even in stop and go. Note that ,on the gauge, the number is the average mpg, where as, the slider is the actual mpg. This is my first Toyota lease experience and the whole thing has been great. I opted for the sport because it seemed the best value, vs options and it comes in the gray color I like. I think this is going to be the start of a great relationship.

The wheels look great! Awesome gas mileage. LED driving/headlights are cool looking. Nice gray mica color looks nice. Touch screen entertainment system is easy to use. Large enough to not feel compact but small enough to maneuver easily. Has plenty of get up and go when needed but be careful, it's so smooth it'll get away from you! CVT is smooth on the interstate and freeway. Controls are easy to learn.

A hatchback model would be awesome! CVT transmission takes a bit getting used to, mainly when first pulling out. Arm rest is a little short. Cockpit could be quieter.

Excellent redesign makes for a much improved Corolla!
By kirkuleez

2014 Toyota Corolla LE Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I was looking to trade in my Honda Fit which I loved, for a larger, quieter, smoother riding car for my 65 mile round trip commute to work. Yet I still wanted the efficiency and reliability of the Fit. I cross shopped between the 2013 Civic and the newly designed 2014 Corolla. I initially liked the Civic better, but after driving each car again I realized how good of a job Toyota did. Advantages of the Corolla are: many more premium features for less money, better looking exterior, CVT transmission, nicer interior design with better gauges, automatic climate control, touch screen display screen, much nicer looking wheel choices, unique interior color choices, and a very quiet planted ride.

LED headlights are very bright, touch screen display, bluetooth that reads your texts and e-mails to you, automatic climate control, 8 airbags, unique amber colored interior w matching accents, sporty looking design, very roomy interior w large trunk, very nice alloy wheels and foglights for only 400 dollar difference, and a smooth, comfortable, and quiet ride. Lots of features for the money. Also the back up camera with lines to guide you is a very nice feature to have in a sedan with a high decklid.

Softer touch materials on door panels, the fake leather surrounding the shifter is difficult to clean because dust and lint collects in the creases over time, a sliding center armrest would be nice, and maybe a little more storage space up front although the glovebox is huge and there's nice storage in the armrest. None of these are even close to deal breakers and I really enjoy the car a lot!!

Know Your Priorities
By jkobb

2014 Toyota Corolla LE Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Overall I rate my car a 5. If you read auto magazines they rate the cars on performance mostly. The Corolla is not a sports car , don`t judge it that way. What it is , is a very dependable car. It has very good gas mileage. Since my last odo reset I am at a 38.5 mpg average over 2000 miles . Over the winter I had a 32 mpg average. Cars use more gas running cold. very comfortable ride and seats. If you look at the mpg ratings the Corolla does better than most cars that are smaller than it.Love the look of the dash , all the other cars basically look the same dash . It is very similar to the Avalon dash.

1. Good Reliability 2.Good gas mileage 3.Good comfort 4.Good resale value 5.Good looks

Disc brakes on the rear would be nice. A slightly sharper turning ratio. A just a wee bit suspension softening.