2014 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2014 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Most Helpful|
Reliability and great looks.
72,649 of 72,659 people found this review helpful
By caracal2

2014 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I'm the last person one would expect to be seen in a Corolla, but I still got one! I shopped around and compare the Civic, the Mazda 2, 3, the Focus, the Elantra GT and the Accent. My previous two cars were fast turbo cars with plenty of power and handling. The Mazda 3 is definitely faster than the Corolla, and handles better. So why did I pick the Corolla instead of the Mazda? It felt like the most luxurious car of the bunch, with a decent ride, at a price others couldn't beat. I have everything I always wanted in one package with the "S", no need for additional 1200 Moonroof and other expensive options. The Mazda comes close, but it was more expensive.

Favorite Features

Metal door handles - none of the others I compared had them!! Big touch screen with good location. Customizable LCD screen between Gauges (S Model) - I did not like Mazda's LCD placement. Sunroof LED Headlights Paddle Shifters for CVT - They work great!... A little odd when turning around a corn and requiring to shift though. Half leather interior Real Temp gauge/fuel gauge - Didn't like Mazda's digital fuel gauge and missing temp gauge. Quiet ride at highway speeds, quiet engine, only hear the wind. Cushy ride, feels like a limo! Cannot compare with the Mazda in which you feel every single bump. The Corolla absorbs most of the bumps. My passenger fell asleep on the test drive!

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower.

First Thousand Miles - Excellent
By tfc4

2014 Toyota Corolla LE Premium 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I had a 2006 Camry SE V6 for eight years. I call my 2014 Corolla LE Premium my "mini-Camry". It's very spacious, has very comfortable seats, excellent handling (firm, but easily controlled) with high end Michelin Primacy 60K tires, very quiet overall (no wind noise), delivers 38 mpg on the high and 34 mpg in town, has excellent visibility, fit and finish. I love the instant/trip average mpg bar chart on the Infotainment Center. Bought it without the normally included moon roof and Entune radio ($2400 extra). Has surprisingly good acceleration; no problem passing anything on the road. Rear view camera is a terrific - should be on every car.

Favorite Features

MPG. 38+ mpg on the highway, 34 in town so far. Interior space. Overall quietness. Digital electronics on steering wheel, dash and Infotainment Center. Seating comfort. Rear view camera. Heated seats. Handling. Smoothness of CVT.

Suggested Improvements

Full size spare. Lighter color seats.

Better than the 2014 Civic
By golden33

2014 Toyota Corolla LE Eco Premium 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Bought both the 2014 Civic and the 2014 Corolla about the same time. The Corolla interior was re-designed and that was the main reason I chose it. Inside it feels much more solid than the Civic, both have the same Eco and leather trim with power seats. Mileage is at least 3 more mpg than the Civic, at highway it gets an easy 40 mpg with the A/C on. Toyota has a two year free service included which Honda lacks, big plus. Also its free traffic information screen is better than the Civic, including traffic accidents on the traveled road along with the weather. Around town it gets 34mpg with no problem, the Civic 31.

Favorite Features

The GPS system is very owner friendly and its free traffic information FM service, do not have to pay Sirius for it. The controls for the usb screen when you are playing music or speech, are easy and convenient to use, much more than the Civic The LED lighting is bright and effective at night. The automatic temperature control keeps the right temperature. The Corolla Guard paint protector works great, it feels like a teflon finish.

Suggested Improvements

A couple of improvement needed are an extendable armrest (like the Civic) and more front storage on the doors, along with extendable sun visors.

Corolla L 6 speed manual update
By schooby

2014 Toyota Corolla L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

My 2014 Corolla 6 speed now has 23k miles on it. At 60 MPH I get 43 MPG, at 75 MPH I get 38 MPG. This car is slow to take off and hard to pass at highway speeds unless you drop down a couple of gears and grab some higher RPM. I had to have my head lights adjusted lower, on low beam other drivers constantly flashed me thinking my high beams were on. Cruise control works nice (installed after purchase) steering wheel does not move in and out, only up and down. No SAT radio on this model, Wife complains that the head rest is uncomfortable in front seats. Engine is quiet, only heard at high RPMs. Collar on gear shift unlocks reverse option, reverse is to the left and up, (next to first gear)

Favorite Features

6 Speed manual, LED head lights, Gas mileage, Large trunk space, 10k oil change intervals, car seats fit comfortably in back seat, both infant and toddler seats rear facing or forward facing.

Suggested Improvements

Gear shift interferes with large 12v plugs, arm will interfere with large drinks in cup holder while shifting, Blue Tooth often drops connection with my phone. Back seat 12v outlet, better quality stereo speakers, Add SAT radio. I am 5 foot 8, and often find that I can't get adjusted to the steering wheel and peddles comfortably, to get close enough to bend my arms my legs feel cramped, I wish the steering wheel had the telescoping option.

2014 Toyota Corolla S Plus
By carstripper00

2014 Toyota Corolla S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This cars is awesome! I'm getting 31 m.p.g. in town and it is not broke in yet! I can tell you that you will be wasting your time on a Honda, Mazda, or Nissan in this group. This Corolla looks sharper and is thousands less with a back up camera. The CVT trans. is really a great invention. I have 6 speeds and you can't feel it shift. In the Sport Mode I can move the shifter over to M and Paddle shift through 6 speeds. I am so impressed with the performance and engineering of this car Im tickled to own it. The interior is well laid out and again is nicer than the other brands. The car feels very solid, go test drive one and you will be signing your name on a contract.

Favorite Features

CVT transmission, Gorgeous 17 inch alloy wheels, Fuel mileage, Interior lay out, solid feel, Handling and Exterior Styling.

Suggested Improvements

I don't feel that there is anything that could be improved on with this car. It's the other car brands that are going to need to improve.