2014 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Stylish saver
By Kirk Camoriano

2014 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased a Toyota as a second car. I'm very impressed with the fuel mileage that has been averaging 34-38 mpg. The car looks great, but is pretty unremarkable in performance, handling and overall fun (then again I did not expect much of a driving experience or performance out of a Corolla)

Love this car!
By Tim in WI

2014 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE Eco 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This car is about 16 months old w/ about 24K miles. I had the lane change indicator reset from 3 "flashes" to 6 - the dealer did it during regular service with no problem. The stock stereo is excellent, though I added a subwoofer to get the full range of sound. I have no problems with the CVT engine. It's not going to blow the doors off most cars from the line, but I've had no problem passing people (which I do often) when I drop it out of Eco mode. I usually travel 70 -75 MPH and I average 40 MPG. The ride is smooth, maybe a little noisy on the highway, but typical for a compact car (maybe even a little better). The Bluetooth feature is great, though it can occasionally be finicky when I stream music from my Android phone. I like the interior design, and passengers usually compliment the look of the interior. The LED headlights are awesome - firing up the brights is like turning night into day. The cruise control is well designed and I almost always use it when on the highway. I highly recommend this car to anyone interested in a car that is comfortable, easy to drive, great on gas, and has a bit of power to it. It's not a sports car, but it's still fun to drive. Even after a year and a half, I still enjoy driving it every day.

love it!
By Eli

2014 Toyota Corolla Sedan S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Great car, very reliable, kicks butt in gas mileage

This vehicle does what it is supposed to do
By Robert Tankersley

2014 Toyota Corolla Sedan S Premium 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

The Corolla does exactly what it is supposed to do. It is economical and yet does not look or feel or behave as a "cheap" car.

worst experience with Toyota Customer Service
By Gaurav

2014 Toyota Corolla Sedan L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have been a Toyota owner for the last five years. My family has owned multiple Toyota cars in the past years, hence, the reason why my family decided to purchase a Toyota vehicle. Since the ownership of my Toyota Corolla, which was bought brand new, I have had multiple issues with the vehicle, i.e., temperature gauge had gone bad two-years after purchasing the vehicle, driver's window stuck in down position, and the vehicle began to shake vigorously at around 40,000 miles and then again at 78,000 miles (when my children under the age of 5 were present during both incidents). I have been getting the vehicle serviced and maintained on time from a Toyota authorized service dealership. I have been completely unsatisfied with the level of care and commitment Toyota has provided. For a company that strives on "innovation, quality and reliability," Toyota has failedto comply with their standards and level of concern. I had registered a complaint with the Toyota Customer Experience Center, who disregard my complaint and faulted me atthe vehicle?s condition. The Executives that I had dealt with repeatedly continued to say that the engine failing is not Toyota's problem, even though I am able to prove that my maintenance was done on a timely basis. The Customer Care team members are rude and beyond help, with no sense of professionalism or mannerism. I have an $8,000.00 expense at the cost of Toyota?s faults and oversight. I am appalled to learn that Toyota knew about such faulty engines and issues but chose not take any action to fix such vehicles, given the fact they claim they have the most reliable cars ? I think that is an understatement. Now, I will think twice before going back to a Toyota and never recommend anyone to purchase a vehicle from Toyota until they are able to accept responsibly and value their vehicles and customers.

• SUV