2014 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Great Car!
By kann993 on 04/19/14 14:49 PM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in my Ford Focus for a Corolla and I have to say that I absolutely love it! It is smooth, quiet and has a great audio system PLUS a backup camera! You get so much for your money with this car. I don't have any problems with the horsepower, but then again I don't race from stop lights or anything like that. This is a great far for young people and also if you want a car with the most bang for your buck you'll want to check it out!

First Thousand Miles - Excellent
By tfc4 on 01/03/14 13:30 PM (PST)

2014 Toyota Corolla LE Premium 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I had a 2006 Camry SE V6 for eight years. I call my 2014 Corolla LE Premium my "mini-Camry". It's very spacious, has very comfortable seats, excellent handling (firm, but easily controlled) with high end Michelin Primacy 60K tires, very quiet overall (no wind noise), delivers 38 mpg on the high and 34 mpg in town, has excellent visibility, fit and finish. I love the instant/trip average mpg bar chart on the Infotainment Center. Bought it without the normally included moon roof and Entune radio ($2400 extra). Has surprisingly good acceleration; no problem passing anything on the road. Rear view camera is a terrific - should be on every car.

Toyota fan since birth
By savannahjean12 on 08/11/14 09:28 AM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I just bought my 2014 Corolla S in April of 2014. Usually I hate when people write reviews with under 60,000 miles on their cars, but there's a lot to say about the Corolla, and I just can't wait! I love everything about it. The gearing system takes a little getting used to. People say that it has weak horsepower, but you just have to know how to use it. 3500+ rpm's seems to be the new "2500" that you would normally shift at. Obviously because it's brand new I haven't had any problems with it whatsoever. I do plan on writing reviews on it the longer I have it.

2014 Corolla 6-speed manual
By schooby on 03/28/14 16:58 PM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased brand new in Charleston SC for $15,600. On flat roads at 60mph I am getting 44 mpg, I average 40 mpg going from work to home. I drive 40 miles one way and its half city half highway driving. Car is smooth and quiet, transmission is easy and smooth to shift. Engine is very quiet, its not a hotrod but picks up and goes rather nice. I had cruise control installed after market for $399 (manual trans does not offer cruise) and it works great, back seat has plenty of room for my infant and toddler rear facing car seats, trunk is roomy, 6th gear offers low RPM on highway speeds 60-70 mph is 1800-2500 rpm roughly. center console is comfortable as arm rest while driving, clutch feels smooth

Surprised Myself and Bought a Corolla!
By latsyrch on 02/28/14 10:59 AM (PST)

2014 Toyota Corolla S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I test drove the Mazda 3, liked it but getting the features I wanted drove the price into the stratosphere. Decided on the Camry SE and went to purchase it. It was just so....blah. Ended up test driving the Corolla S Plus. Did not feel like a compact. Feels roomy inside, big backseat, and fun to drive too. Ended up getting a deal too good to pass up on a fully loaded little red Corolla S Plus w/driver's convenience package. My husband wanted the Camry, but he has come around after driving the Corolla a few times. It is far more fun to drive and has plenty of room for my teenagers who exceed 6 ft tall in the back!

Great car for the price
By yogione75 on 07/28/14 12:10 PM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This is my 4th Toyota and it is just what I would expect from the brand. Pros: Well equipped for price, nice ride, quiet interior, great style inside and out (never thought I would be able to say that one about a Corolla), average about 38. I don't know what folks are talking about when they say it gets bad gas milage - they must either have a lead foot or are using really cheap gas. Cons: rear hip room could be better if you have to cart 5 people around more often I would go with the Camry but 4 sit very comfortably in this car. A little under powered, buy if you are looking for more power than you likely are not shopping for a compact sedan.

Excellent redesign makes for a much improved Corolla!
By kirkuleez on 10/12/13 09:27 AM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla LE Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I was looking to trade in my Honda Fit which I loved, for a larger, quieter, smoother riding car for my 65 mile round trip commute to work. Yet I still wanted the efficiency and reliability of the Fit. I cross shopped between the 2013 Civic and the newly designed 2014 Corolla. I initially liked the Civic better, but after driving each car again I realized how good of a job Toyota did. Advantages of the Corolla are: many more premium features for less money, better looking exterior, CVT transmission, nicer interior design with better gauges, automatic climate control, touch screen display screen, much nicer looking wheel choices, unique interior color choices, and a very quiet planted ride.

Know Your Priorities
By jkobb on 06/04/14 07:43 AM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla LE Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Overall I rate my car a 5. If you read auto magazines they rate the cars on performance mostly. The Corolla is not a sports car , don`t judge it that way. What it is , is a very dependable car. It has very good gas mileage. Since my last odo reset I am at a 38.5 mpg average over 2000 miles . Over the winter I had a 32 mpg average. Cars use more gas running cold. very comfortable ride and seats. If you look at the mpg ratings the Corolla does better than most cars that are smaller than it.Love the look of the dash , all the other cars basically look the same dash . It is very similar to the Avalon dash.

So far, a great experience
By jmacthethird on 08/03/14 15:08 PM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

So far, this has been a great vehicle! I've only had it a week but noticed gas mileage has actually been better than what's advertised on the sticker. I am averaging 30mpg combined and 40mpg average on the interstate and sometimes it goes even higher according to the gauge. I haven't seen anything below 30mpg, even in stop and go. Note that ,on the gauge, the number is the average mpg, where as, the slider is the actual mpg. This is my first Toyota lease experience and the whole thing has been great. I opted for the sport because it seemed the best value, vs options and it comes in the gray color I like. I think this is going to be the start of a great relationship.

Big Step Forward & Worth The Wait
By billbo4 on 09/11/14 22:23 PM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla LE Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

As a long time Toyota fan, I was delighted that the Corolla was seriously upgraded for 2014. I have always been impressed with the Corolla's build quality and reliability but it was in danger of being left behind in the compact car segment due to a lack of style and current technology. After trading in my 2010 S model for a new LE Plus, I could not be happier. The styling, ride, technology and interior room are greatly improved. Granted this is no sports car, but this has the quietest ride in the compact class and is as smooth as glass on the interstate at 80 mph. The CVT shifts smoothly and fuel economy is noticeably better. All of this at a better price than either Honda Civic or Mazda 3.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Toyota Corolla in VA is:

$149 per month*