2014 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2014 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

First Thousand Miles - Excellent
By tfc4

2014 Toyota Corolla LE Premium 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I had a 2006 Camry SE V6 for eight years. I call my 2014 Corolla LE Premium my "mini-Camry". It's very spacious, has very comfortable seats, excellent handling (firm, but easily controlled) with high end Michelin Primacy 60K tires, very quiet overall (no wind noise), delivers 38 mpg on the high and 34 mpg in town, has excellent visibility, fit and finish. I love the instant/trip average mpg bar chart on the Infotainment Center. Bought it without the normally included moon roof and Entune radio ($2400 extra). Has surprisingly good acceleration; no problem passing anything on the road. Rear view camera is a terrific - should be on every car.

Favorite Features

MPG. 38+ mpg on the highway, 34 in town so far. Interior space. Overall quietness. Digital electronics on steering wheel, dash and Infotainment Center. Seating comfort. Rear view camera. Heated seats. Handling. Smoothness of CVT.

Suggested Improvements

Full size spare. Lighter color seats.

Great Car!
By kann993

2014 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in my Ford Focus for a Corolla and I have to say that I absolutely love it! It is smooth, quiet and has a great audio system PLUS a backup camera! You get so much for your money with this car. I don't have any problems with the horsepower, but then again I don't race from stop lights or anything like that. This is a great far for young people and also if you want a car with the most bang for your buck you'll want to check it out!

Favorite Features

Backup Camera Audio System

Surprised Myself and Bought a Corolla!
By latsyrch

2014 Toyota Corolla S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I test drove the Mazda 3, liked it but getting the features I wanted drove the price into the stratosphere. Decided on the Camry SE and went to purchase it. It was just so....blah. Ended up test driving the Corolla S Plus. Did not feel like a compact. Feels roomy inside, big backseat, and fun to drive too. Ended up getting a deal too good to pass up on a fully loaded little red Corolla S Plus w/driver's convenience package. My husband wanted the Camry, but he has come around after driving the Corolla a few times. It is far more fun to drive and has plenty of room for my teenagers who exceed 6 ft tall in the back!

Favorite Features

Keyless Entry Push button Start Back-up Camera Navigation Lumbar support in the S model seats Very roomy back seat XM radio Sunroof

Suggested Improvements

Exterior style is a little off-putting (I am getting used to it) Worry about durability of those sport wheels

reliable with style!
By davestr1

2014 Toyota Corolla S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I've had my '14 corolla s plus for 7 months. I haven't had one issue with it. It gets great gas mileage. Probably my favorite feature is the led headlights. They are amazing! Your night vision can't be beat by any of the competition right now. It's really impressive how well they work. there's plenty of room in the back seat for passengers, the front seats are comfortable as well. Nice dash display. the cvt is fine. It's different than what you'd be used to at first but it tries to act like a regular automatic with shift points. Not a race car, but a gas sipping sedan with style. I might end up buying it after the lease is up. Leds are a huge plus!

Favorite Features

Led headlights. Wheels, dash/cluster design & blue color of lights in dash & cluster. Seats, auto up & down window. Touch screen back up camera. Heated mirrors

Suggested Improvements

More sound insulation from outside. High end audio. A bit more torque!

2014 Corolla 6-speed manual
By schooby

2014 Toyota Corolla L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased brand new in Charleston SC for $15,600. On flat roads at 60mph I am getting 44 mpg, I average 40 mpg going from work to home. I drive 40 miles one way and its half city half highway driving. Car is smooth and quiet, transmission is easy and smooth to shift. Engine is very quiet, its not a hotrod but picks up and goes rather nice. I had cruise control installed after market for $399 (manual trans does not offer cruise) and it works great, back seat has plenty of room for my infant and toddler rear facing car seats, trunk is roomy, 6th gear offers low RPM on highway speeds 60-70 mph is 1800-2500 rpm roughly. center console is comfortable as arm rest while driving, clutch feels smooth

Favorite Features

LED head lights, 6 speed manual, smooth ride, price tag, dash board layout, blue tooth, steering wheel stereo controls, roomy back seat, large trunk, aerodynamic body design, gas mileage around or above 40 mpg,

Suggested Improvements

none