2014 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

First Thousand Miles - Excellent
By tfc4

2014 Toyota Corolla LE Premium 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I had a 2006 Camry SE V6 for eight years. I call my 2014 Corolla LE Premium my "mini-Camry". It's very spacious, has very comfortable seats, excellent handling (firm, but easily controlled) with high end Michelin Primacy 60K tires, very quiet overall (no wind noise), delivers 38 mpg on the high and 34 mpg in town, has excellent visibility, fit and finish. I love the instant/trip average mpg bar chart on the Infotainment Center. Bought it without the normally included moon roof and Entune radio ($2400 extra). Has surprisingly good acceleration; no problem passing anything on the road. Rear view camera is a terrific - should be on every car.

MPG. 38+ mpg on the highway, 34 in town so far. Interior space. Overall quietness. Digital electronics on steering wheel, dash and Infotainment Center. Seating comfort. Rear view camera. Heated seats. Handling. Smoothness of CVT.

Full size spare. Lighter color seats.

Great Car!
By kann993

2014 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in my Ford Focus for a Corolla and I have to say that I absolutely love it! It is smooth, quiet and has a great audio system PLUS a backup camera! You get so much for your money with this car. I don't have any problems with the horsepower, but then again I don't race from stop lights or anything like that. This is a great far for young people and also if you want a car with the most bang for your buck you'll want to check it out!

Backup Camera Audio System

Great car for the price
By yogione75

2014 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This is my 4th Toyota and it is just what I would expect from the brand. Pros: Well equipped for price, nice ride, quiet interior, great style inside and out (never thought I would be able to say that one about a Corolla), average about 38. I don't know what folks are talking about when they say it gets bad gas milage - they must either have a lead foot or are using really cheap gas. Cons: rear hip room could be better if you have to cart 5 people around more often I would go with the Camry but 4 sit very comfortably in this car. A little under powered, buy if you are looking for more power than you likely are not shopping for a compact sedan.

Roomy and comfortable Good fuel economy Nice audio system Low cabin noise on the highway

If they could get more power out of that engine without sacrificing the mpg's too much it would be a little more fun to drive.

Toyota fan since birth
By savannahjean12

2014 Toyota Corolla S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I just bought my 2014 Corolla S in April of 2014. Usually I hate when people write reviews with under 60,000 miles on their cars, but there's a lot to say about the Corolla, and I just can't wait! I love everything about it. The gearing system takes a little getting used to. People say that it has weak horsepower, but you just have to know how to use it. 3500+ rpm's seems to be the new "2500" that you would normally shift at. Obviously because it's brand new I haven't had any problems with it whatsoever. I do plan on writing reviews on it the longer I have it.

I love the look of the inside, mine has the little blue accent on the dashboard. It's not much but I absolutely love that little touch of color. I especially love the stock rims that come with the car, they're just gorgeous. I really like the fabric of the seats and how most of it is leather but there is some cloth to it, makes for easy cleaning. I love all the handy buttons on the steering wheel, so you don't have to divert your attention elsewhere to change the radio station or the volume.

My husband who is about 6 feet says there isn't much room for his legs in the passenger side. He feels as though the seat could go back a little farther. I however, am only 5' 2'', so I have no problems fitting into the car. I could however see that the seats would be quite uncomfortable for someone a little heavier and taller than myself. The seats kind of form to you, which for me is great! I love them! But maybe make them a little softer?

reliable with style!
By davestr1

2014 Toyota Corolla S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I've had my '14 corolla s plus for 7 months. I haven't had one issue with it. It gets great gas mileage. Probably my favorite feature is the led headlights. They are amazing! Your night vision can't be beat by any of the competition right now. It's really impressive how well they work. there's plenty of room in the back seat for passengers, the front seats are comfortable as well. Nice dash display. the cvt is fine. It's different than what you'd be used to at first but it tries to act like a regular automatic with shift points. Not a race car, but a gas sipping sedan with style. I might end up buying it after the lease is up. Leds are a huge plus!

Led headlights. Wheels, dash/cluster design & blue color of lights in dash & cluster. Seats, auto up & down window. Touch screen back up camera. Heated mirrors

More sound insulation from outside. High end audio. A bit more torque!

• SUV