2014 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews

2014 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
First Toyota
By Robert T. Paige on 02/22/15 16:25 PM (PST)

2014 Toyota Corolla LE Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This is my first Toyota. The decision was based on a rental car - we liked it so well that we bought the Corolla instead of the Ford Fusion we had been considering. The interior seems much more of an upgrade from the previously owned Mercury Sable, also more room , especially legroom. Wife and daughter rate the cloth seating much more comfortable than the leather in the Sable. The instrument panel is the thing which I look at most of the time (LOL)and that is one of the features I like best. In town gas mileage has been consistent at 30-to-31 miles per gallon and on a trip Texas-to California, cruising 65 MPH from 39-to-41 MPG. Styling sort of grows on you.

corolla LE 2014 CVT
By vovcha on 02/10/15 20:57 PM (PST)

2014 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

It is my first car with CVT automatic trans. and It took me time to get used to it...it is very slow on a startup and on response to acceleration. This model is a basic car which will get you from point A to point B without a problem. Comfortable to drive, we love interior, including a standard blue-tooth and cruise control. I installed remote starter which saves a lot of hustle in a cold winter day. On the 2014 and up models, you have to live a key with the module in a dash board, this is a big drawback. The engine is underpowered and that's the reason for O.K. fuel consumption, not an excellent.

Defects in design
By flyhi152 on 01/06/15 23:15 PM (PST)

2014 Toyota Corolla S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

whenever something is wrong with the car, Toyota's answer is: the car is designed like that. The GPS is designed to take me to addresses several miles from their actual location. it is designed to take me in circles and it is designed to take me several miles into dead end streets. (I paid about $ 1,500 Dollars for this feature and have to stick my 4 year old Garmin onto the windshield). Also, I got a speeding ticket because the speedometer is designed to be unreadable when the sun shines through the window. Within a few months I have seen several 2014 Corollas driving with the taillights off.

Corolla L 6 speed manual update
By schooby on 12/19/14 16:24 PM (PST)

2014 Toyota Corolla L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

My 2014 Corolla 6 speed now has 23k miles on it. At 60 MPH I get 43 MPG, at 75 MPH I get 38 MPG. This car is slow to take off and hard to pass at highway speeds unless you drop down a couple of gears and grab some higher RPM. I had to have my head lights adjusted lower, on low beam other drivers constantly flashed me thinking my high beams were on. Cruise control works nice (installed after purchase) steering wheel does not move in and out, only up and down. No SAT radio on this model, Wife complains that the head rest is uncomfortable in front seats. Engine is quiet, only heard at high RPMs. Collar on gear shift unlocks reverse option, reverse is to the left and up, (next to first gear)

Start with the Backseat
By leebabysimms on 12/04/14 08:56 AM (PST)

2014 Toyota Corolla S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

At 41.4 inches, the Toyota Corolla has more backseat legroom than almost any vehicle on the road not compared to just compact cars, but even large luxury cars, mini-vans, and SUVs. Sit in the backseat of the Corolla, then sit in the backseat of any other car in its price range. If you're a tall person or ever intent to transport tall people other backseats feel like a penalty box. We first discovered the 11th generation Corolla sitting in the backseat, as we were passengers in an Uber taxi. In a moment, an auto mark I ignore (Corolla) climbed to the top of my list. The handsome looks, historic reliability, insane value, and 38+ MPG on the highway are all bonus. So happy.

great daily driver
By toyotamanno1 on 11/29/14 16:04 PM (PST)

2014 Toyota Corolla LE Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This is a car that is great from getting from point A to point B, without flashiness. It works great for quick trips and longer drives. The cvt transmission takes a bit to get used to, but works fine and pulls the car up hills better than a regular automatic transmission. I have 5800 miles on the car, it has been a great car. At 5,000 miles it was .25 qt low on oil. That is within my acceptable range (80% full). I also changed the oil at the initial 5000 mile mark. The engine was broken in and i changed it with royal purple full synthetic. The broken in motor had dirtied the oil quiye a lot. At the 5,000 mile mark, it was light to medium in darkness, but drained oil was very dark.

Big Step Forward & Worth The Wait
By billbo4 on 09/11/14 22:23 PM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla LE Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

As a long time Toyota fan, I was delighted that the Corolla was seriously upgraded for 2014. I have always been impressed with the Corolla's build quality and reliability but it was in danger of being left behind in the compact car segment due to a lack of style and current technology. After trading in my 2010 S model for a new LE Plus, I could not be happier. The styling, ride, technology and interior room are greatly improved. Granted this is no sports car, but this has the quietest ride in the compact class and is as smooth as glass on the interstate at 80 mph. The CVT shifts smoothly and fuel economy is noticeably better. All of this at a better price than either Honda Civic or Mazda 3.

Greatest comfortable economy car
By hjolly on 08/17/14 07:34 AM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla LE Eco 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

As mentioned by someone else, this car generally get so-so reviews because it doesn't comply with auto-journalist enthusiasts vision of a great car : no turbo, no DI, no IRS, no 4 disc brakes... They miss the point. This "old technology" package accomplish equivalent or more than some of the fancier competition : comfortable and composed ride and decent power with a hard to beat fuel economy (I'm at 38 mpg average (50/50) over 10,000 miles, despite the break-in period and harsh winter. Lots of plastic Inside but well put together with a somewhat elegant design. Real DEL headlights (not decorative) are great. Steering wheel /voice, Bluetooth, USB, back-up camera. Any equivalent for 20K $ ?

Better than Honda Civic
By hookshot on 08/15/14 11:47 AM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla LE Eco 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this car for my wife in Evergreen exterior with amber seats. It looks weird in pictures but really good in person. The current Honda civics are ugly and the interior materials are subpar. Toyota really hit a home run with this car. Exterior is sleek and handsome, while the interior is well thought out and handsome. There are still actual knobs for volume and AC. AC blows cold. Power is really good, especially for climbing hills. The CVT is really good and smooth, I don't hear any whine at all. I find the LE ECO is the best value, since it already has a backup camera and hiighest MPG. Don't need any fancy wheels to reduce my MPG. Car is relatively quiet.

Toyota fan since birth
By savannahjean12 on 08/11/14 09:28 AM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I just bought my 2014 Corolla S in April of 2014. Usually I hate when people write reviews with under 60,000 miles on their cars, but there's a lot to say about the Corolla, and I just can't wait! I love everything about it. The gearing system takes a little getting used to. People say that it has weak horsepower, but you just have to know how to use it. 3500+ rpm's seems to be the new "2500" that you would normally shift at. Obviously because it's brand new I haven't had any problems with it whatsoever. I do plan on writing reviews on it the longer I have it.