2014 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Not what I was expecting
By scottr32 on 07/09/14 12:49 PM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I drove the car for a few weeks before I had to get rid of it, power was horrible, fuel mileage was subpar even compared to my v8 camaro. The weight was too light for safe driving in any road conditions, consistently hydroplaned in the rain and had to fight it to drive straight while passing another vehicle. The power is extremely poor and the interior looked mixed together. The only good thing was the exterior appearance and I even found that lacking. The ride quality was very poor too, had to get out of the car after thirty minutes to stretch because the seats lacked poor support.

My first Corolla and really like it so far
By donovan1983 on 07/09/14 06:01 AM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla LE Premium 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in a Chevrolet Sonic for this and my fiance and I share this car. I have the "no regrets" model with the Entune system with navigation, moonroof, and keyless ignition. I've only had it a few weeks but I can definitely say I like it. What attracted me to the car in the first place is the huge number of features for the money. I also wanted a car with a CVT if I had to have an automatic. Fit and finish are excellent and above what I expected for the price. The interior is comfortable and surprisingly spacious and attractive. My fiance and I both enjoy driving it very much. It also looks great, especially in slate gray, which I thought I'd never say about a Corolla.

Know Your Priorities
By jkobb on 06/04/14 07:43 AM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla LE Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Overall I rate my car a 5. If you read auto magazines they rate the cars on performance mostly. The Corolla is not a sports car , don`t judge it that way. What it is , is a very dependable car. It has very good gas mileage. Since my last odo reset I am at a 38.5 mpg average over 2000 miles . Over the winter I had a 32 mpg average. Cars use more gas running cold. very comfortable ride and seats. If you look at the mpg ratings the Corolla does better than most cars that are smaller than it.Love the look of the dash , all the other cars basically look the same dash . It is very similar to the Avalon dash.

My 06' was better on gas!!!!
By jsmeltz on 05/19/14 16:21 PM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Nice car! Love the redesign (Inside & out)! Not as peppy as my 2006 S. Planned on driving my 06 for 5 more years as was so dependable, but totaled it so needed a new car. I chose the S Plus due to the disc brakes all the way around. Purchased with the convenience package. Love the XM and blue tooth which I didn't have before. With that said, I am so DISAPPOINTED with the gas mileage. My 06 got 33 MPG consistently. This car barely gets 29 MPG. They advertise as 35 MPG which is NOT true. But it's still a nice car. As far as reliability, that remains to be seen. Oh yea, I put 5,000 miles on it so far, and still can't get rid of the epoxy smells when I accelerate. Seems to come thru the vents.

Great car!
By kfilly on 05/18/14 18:43 PM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Pros: Comfortable, fuel efficient, roomy for a compact car, quiet, LED headlights are great, Entune system is easy to use/has good sound quality, back up camera, visibility, automatic climate control. Cons: Sun visor is short and does not telescope, CVT transmission is a little sluggish from a stop due to somewhat high starting ratio, not very sporty handling. I am 5'11" and I can comfortably sit in the rear seat behind where I place the driver seat. I am getting mileage slightly better than advertised on my LE. The car rides nice. Five adults for short trips only as the back seat is narrow. People over 6' will have little headroom in the rear seat.

GAS GUZZLER
By carlove3 on 05/13/14 16:57 PM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla LE Eco 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Someone told a big lie about the gas mileage on this car - it is terrible. I had a 91 volvo and was paying the exact amount for gas without the car payment. If gas mileage is a concern... go with a hybrid... this is absolutely not your car

Problem with Corolla
By toyotacle on 05/01/14 15:48 PM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla LE Premium 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I recently purchased a 2014 Toyota Corolla. I really like the car, except for 2 concerns: 1. the average mile/gallon on the sticker (highway & local) is inflated. I've checked the web and apparently there is no federal oversight to ensure the correct mileage is posted. 2. the car has 2 plastic "rods" that are on both sides of the car (vertically) clipped to the under-carriage. Last winter during the snow, I was driving out of an icy spot an to my surprise, there was a long gray plastic rod on the road. It was from my new car. I have submitted a complaint to Toyota...poor quality and engineering. Maybe they'll recall and fix this issue.

Great Car!
By kann993 on 04/19/14 14:49 PM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in my Ford Focus for a Corolla and I have to say that I absolutely love it! It is smooth, quiet and has a great audio system PLUS a backup camera! You get so much for your money with this car. I don't have any problems with the horsepower, but then again I don't race from stop lights or anything like that. This is a great far for young people and also if you want a car with the most bang for your buck you'll want to check it out!

Corolla 6-speed
By schooby on 04/18/14 17:04 PM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is an addition to my previous review. If you're looking for a sports car the 6-speed might not fit. Passing with the 6 speed can be a bit challenging, although its still capable. At 55 mph in 6th gear drop it into 4th and punch it to moderately pass on the open road. Do not challenge on coming traffic, give yourself room. When shifting from 5th into 6th ride the shifter to the far right as to not accidentally drop it back into 4th. A sloppy shift may end up going from 5th back to 4th. Also mind going from 4th to 5th as to not accidentally drop into 3rd. This advice applies to folks whom are new to driving manual transmissions, seasoned folks will not find this problem.

Great car but have the right expectations
By wvanepps on 04/17/14 10:52 AM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I needed a commuter car to drive almost 100 miles a day back and forth to work. I also own a 2014 Corvette Stingray and a 2013 BMW M3 Coupe and wanted to keep the miles off them. I have driven the Corolla about 1,500 miles and really like it. The rear leg room is great and I have been averaging 34 MPG. I really like the exterior styling of the car and the interior looks like it belongs in a much more expensive car. I opted for the S Plus as it adds a lot of features for very little money. This is a great commuter car but do not expect great performance or an exciting ride. If you want something that is comfortable, looks nice, drives nice and gets great MPG then this is the car for you.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Toyota Corolla in VA is:

$153 per month*