2014 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Big Step Forward & Worth The Wait
By billbo4 on 09/11/14 22:23 PM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla LE Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

As a long time Toyota fan, I was delighted that the Corolla was seriously upgraded for 2014. I have always been impressed with the Corolla's build quality and reliability but it was in danger of being left behind in the compact car segment due to a lack of style and current technology. After trading in my 2010 S model for a new LE Plus, I could not be happier. The styling, ride, technology and interior room are greatly improved. Granted this is no sports car, but this has the quietest ride in the compact class and is as smooth as glass on the interstate at 80 mph. The CVT shifts smoothly and fuel economy is noticeably better. All of this at a better price than either Honda Civic or Mazda 3.

Greatest comfortable economy car
By hjolly on 08/17/14 07:34 AM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla LE Eco 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

As mentioned by someone else, this car generally get so-so reviews because it doesn't comply with auto-journalist enthusiasts vision of a great car : no turbo, no DI, no IRS, no 4 disc brakes... They miss the point. This "old technology" package accomplish equivalent or more than some of the fancier competition : comfortable and composed ride and decent power with a hard to beat fuel economy (I'm at 38 mpg average (50/50) over 10,000 miles, despite the break-in period and harsh winter. Lots of plastic Inside but well put together with a somewhat elegant design. Real DEL headlights (not decorative) are great. Steering wheel /voice, Bluetooth, USB, back-up camera. Any equivalent for 20K $ ?

Better than Honda Civic
By hookshot on 08/15/14 11:47 AM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla LE Eco 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this car for my wife in Evergreen exterior with amber seats. It looks weird in pictures but really good in person. The current Honda civics are ugly and the interior materials are subpar. Toyota really hit a home run with this car. Exterior is sleek and handsome, while the interior is well thought out and handsome. There are still actual knobs for volume and AC. AC blows cold. Power is really good, especially for climbing hills. The CVT is really good and smooth, I don't hear any whine at all. I find the LE ECO is the best value, since it already has a backup camera and hiighest MPG. Don't need any fancy wheels to reduce my MPG. Car is relatively quiet.

Toyota fan since birth
By savannahjean12 on 08/11/14 09:28 AM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I just bought my 2014 Corolla S in April of 2014. Usually I hate when people write reviews with under 60,000 miles on their cars, but there's a lot to say about the Corolla, and I just can't wait! I love everything about it. The gearing system takes a little getting used to. People say that it has weak horsepower, but you just have to know how to use it. 3500+ rpm's seems to be the new "2500" that you would normally shift at. Obviously because it's brand new I haven't had any problems with it whatsoever. I do plan on writing reviews on it the longer I have it.

Better than the 2014 Civic
By golden33 on 08/04/14 12:06 PM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla LE Eco Premium 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Bought both the 2014 Civic and the 2014 Corolla about the same time. The Corolla interior was re-designed and that was the main reason I chose it. Inside it feels much more solid than the Civic, both have the same Eco and leather trim with power seats. Mileage is at least 3 more mpg than the Civic, at highway it gets an easy 40 mpg with the A/C on. Toyota has a two year free service included which Honda lacks, big plus. Also its free traffic information screen is better than the Civic, including traffic accidents on the traveled road along with the weather. Around town it gets 34mpg with no problem, the Civic 31.

So far, a great experience
By jmacthethird on 08/03/14 15:08 PM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

So far, this has been a great vehicle! I've only had it a week but noticed gas mileage has actually been better than what's advertised on the sticker. I am averaging 30mpg combined and 40mpg average on the interstate and sometimes it goes even higher according to the gauge. I haven't seen anything below 30mpg, even in stop and go. Note that ,on the gauge, the number is the average mpg, where as, the slider is the actual mpg. This is my first Toyota lease experience and the whole thing has been great. I opted for the sport because it seemed the best value, vs options and it comes in the gray color I like. I think this is going to be the start of a great relationship.

Great car for the price
By yogione75 on 07/28/14 12:10 PM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This is my 4th Toyota and it is just what I would expect from the brand. Pros: Well equipped for price, nice ride, quiet interior, great style inside and out (never thought I would be able to say that one about a Corolla), average about 38. I don't know what folks are talking about when they say it gets bad gas milage - they must either have a lead foot or are using really cheap gas. Cons: rear hip room could be better if you have to cart 5 people around more often I would go with the Camry but 4 sit very comfortably in this car. A little under powered, buy if you are looking for more power than you likely are not shopping for a compact sedan.

Not what I was expecting
By scottr32 on 07/09/14 12:49 PM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I drove the car for a few weeks before I had to get rid of it, power was horrible, fuel mileage was subpar even compared to my v8 camaro. The weight was too light for safe driving in any road conditions, consistently hydroplaned in the rain and had to fight it to drive straight while passing another vehicle. The power is extremely poor and the interior looked mixed together. The only good thing was the exterior appearance and I even found that lacking. The ride quality was very poor too, had to get out of the car after thirty minutes to stretch because the seats lacked poor support.

My first Corolla and really like it so far
By donovan1983 on 07/09/14 06:01 AM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla LE Premium 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in a Chevrolet Sonic for this and my fiance and I share this car. I have the "no regrets" model with the Entune system with navigation, moonroof, and keyless ignition. I've only had it a few weeks but I can definitely say I like it. What attracted me to the car in the first place is the huge number of features for the money. I also wanted a car with a CVT if I had to have an automatic. Fit and finish are excellent and above what I expected for the price. The interior is comfortable and surprisingly spacious and attractive. My fiance and I both enjoy driving it very much. It also looks great, especially in slate gray, which I thought I'd never say about a Corolla.

Know Your Priorities
By jkobb on 06/04/14 07:43 AM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Corolla LE Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Overall I rate my car a 5. If you read auto magazines they rate the cars on performance mostly. The Corolla is not a sports car , don`t judge it that way. What it is , is a very dependable car. It has very good gas mileage. Since my last odo reset I am at a 38.5 mpg average over 2000 miles . Over the winter I had a 32 mpg average. Cars use more gas running cold. very comfortable ride and seats. If you look at the mpg ratings the Corolla does better than most cars that are smaller than it.Love the look of the dash , all the other cars basically look the same dash . It is very similar to the Avalon dash.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Toyota Corolla in VA is:

$149 per month*