2013 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: Sporty Commuter Car

2013 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

S Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Sporty Commuter Car
By az_scott on

2013 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2013 Toyota Corolla S 5spd a week ago. This was my first new car purchase in over ten years. I considered the 2013 Honda Civic LX 4DR, 2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4DR, and the 2013 Ford Focus 4DR and 5DR HB. Civic was nice, but beyond our budget. The Elanta was a close second, and the Ford wasn't even interesting enough for us to test-drive. I was actually going to skip the Corolla altogether but decided to look at them anyway. Glad I did. The S trim in a 5spd is anything but dull, drab, and uninspiring. Granted, the acceleration isn't mind-blowing, but this car is cool, comfortable, safe, sensible and will last us for years to come. We got it for a smokin' price too.

Average MPG reading, S trim features like the aero kit, blacked out headlights, and fog lights, touch screen radio.

Increase the engine performance to something a bit more respectable. The 2013 Corolla S alloy wheels are rather lame looking. They need a lower offset as they sit too far in.